The Duck Thread

Can anyone help! I havefour 22 day old ducklings, 2 welsh and 2 cambells. I think one of my cambells named Daisy is actually a Donald! We only wanted females for eggs. This is also what we paid for. Luckily I can trade him in for a female if he is a male. We wanted to be responsible. So can anyone tell me if I have a Drake? Both bills were pink on day 2 and one now has a dark bill but the other has a light bill with a dark tip or bean that has gotten darker. This one also was significantly larger that the dark billed female. The dark bill has dark feet and the questionable one has yellow feet. I noticed thier overall coloring has been different. Can anyone tell me based on these pics?

Can anyone help! I havefour 22 day old ducklings, 2 welsh and 2 cambells. I think one of my cambells named Daisy is actually a Donald! We only wanted females for eggs. This is also what we paid for. Luckily I can trade him in for a female if he is a male. We wanted to be responsible. So can anyone tell me if I have a Drake? Both bills were pink on day 2 and one now has a dark bill but the other has a light bill with a dark tip or bean that has gotten darker. This one also was significantly larger that the dark billed female. The dark bill has dark feet and the questionable one has yellow feet. I noticed thier overall coloring has been different. Can anyone tell me based on these pics?

I'm not an expert, and have only ever had pekins, which look the same for the most part, but you can tell by their quacks. I'm not sure if they're past their baby 'chirp' yet, but check out this Youtube video. It helped me figure out what my baby ducks were by the quack (boys and girls quack different).

The order on the video is:

Adult male, adult female, duckling male, duckling female.

Last edited:
Perhaps they are getting ready to hatch!? I have blue swedes but we use the eggs,they have never nested,sorry not to be of any help!

This is a video of my ducks being happy.  They do the "I'm okay" wing flap, especially after they just got into a new section of the garden, or after I have had to pick them up to examine them and I put them down, or just on general principle.

What breed are your ducks?
They are alysbery ducks!

Can anyone help me to identify our breed

Back
Top Bottom