The Duck Thread

He thinks he is a dog

Oh dear, don't let him drink from the toilet!!!!!! Birds are REALLY susceptible to infections and toilet bowls are disgusting! ...How's that for irony, toilet seats are actually way cleaner than people think but the bowls, that we regularly scrub, are hot zones of filth and bacteria.

On a lighter note though it's nine kinds of adorable how your ducky has a doggy buddy! <3

Last edited:

Hello. newbie here. (can I be considered a newbie even though I don't have my ducks yet??) I am looking for advice as we are building our duck house. I live in a wooded area, so plenty of shade and few spots of sun. Our property goes up to a river (north of us) and we are basically at the top of a hill that goes down to the river with some level places. Good conditions for some damp ground. Have you guys painted or stained your duck houses? I'm thinking I will want to in order the keep the wood we are using for the house from rotting too quickly. Any recommendations or ideas? It will be up off the ground, but I'm still worried because it can get so humid and damp.
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you're with us! I have my duck pen up on a floor that is elevated above the ground. Just finished it yesterday it is treated wood and new so I can't help you there. You might be able to put a wood preservative on it. Being old wood it probably will rot quite quickly. Good luck!
Mandy

Hello. newbie here. (can I be considered a newbie even though I don't have my ducks yet??) I am looking for advice as we are building our duck house. I live in a wooded area, so plenty of shade and few spots of sun. Our property goes up to a river (north of us) and we are basically at the top of a hill that goes down to the river with some level places. Good conditions for some damp ground. Have you guys painted or stained your duck houses? I'm thinking I will want to in order the keep the wood we are using for the house from rotting too quickly. Any recommendations or ideas? It will be up off the ground, but I'm still worried because it can get so humid and damp.
I would first prime it with an oil based primer , like Zinsser oil base primer interior / exterior. It is the best and the cheapest.
Then you can ;put your choice of exterior paint or stain on it.

Oh my goodness @Julie Bird has to see Mr. Darwin he is so precious and those little webs covered.
love.gif
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS. HIS WEBS HAVE WINTER BOOTIES. HE A WARM FEETED BURD ON THE SNOW. HE'S JUST A DARWIN WHO IS SUPER HANDSOME AND KOOT.

Thank you for the tag, Miss Lydia.

Why is Mr Darwin so cute?????? It's like he's 20 times cuter than other rouens!! Whyyyyyy?

I showed Mr Darwin to Gibby and he was like "whhhhhhaaa?!?!?! I thought I was the cute Rouen around here!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom