The Duck Thread

Someone gave me two dozen duck eggs today and after cracking one to see if they are fertile, which they are, I was considering hatching some of them. Would it be bad to put them in now and chicken eggs in next Sunday when I pick some up at a show? I've never incubated ducks before and am a little confused on what to do. Does anyone think they can guess the breed from the picture of the eggs?

Someone gave me two dozen duck eggs today and after cracking one to see if they are fertile, which they are, I was considering hatching some of them. Would it be bad to put them in now and chicken eggs in next Sunday when I pick some up at a show? I've never incubated ducks before and am a little confused on what to do. Does anyone think they can guess the breed from the picture of the eggs?

Looks like peeking duck eggs.

Is that an adult hand? If so, Pekin or Muscovy would be my guess.

BEAUTIFUL!

So I need some care advice. I recently discovered that my Saxony and Pekin ducks had a bad case of worms. They have all now been wormed and seem to be behaving as usual, except for 1. She is a 6 month old Saxony. She lost a fair bit of weight and her balance. Her feathers also seem to be a little deteriorated. We have kept her separated from the others to avoid her getting trampled, and have given her vitamin water and made sure she has plenty of fresh water and feed. Does anyone have any other ideas on recovery treatment? Has anyone else ever experienced this from worms?

Back
Top Bottom