The Duck Thread

I am looking to re-home 4 of my 9 week old ducks/ducklings: 2 Pekin females. 1rouen male. 1cayuga male. My husband had "had it" and this makes me so sad - they are lovely ducks ~ so incredibly friendly. But, marriage wins over ducks. If you are in the minneapolis area, please contact me if you will give them a good home. I have an incredible duck pen for sale that can go with them for pennies on the dollar. I just really want to make sure that they are safe, and well taken care of.
@kkrs if you'll go on the rehoming thread or the Buy Sell trade thread scroll down past this thread. You can also post there. also if you go to "where am i where are you" and look up your state you can maybe find someone local who would give them a forever home..

Very sorry your having to do this but sometimes you just have too.
hugs.gif
I commend you for looking for good home rather than dumping at local water ways which some people do.

Okay last egg tries to hatch with momma only beak and toes out and ice cold but breathing. We crack it open and got him out, he's under heat now and moving alot and peeping now.
Now I smelled something foul. It looks like there might be infection where his umbilical cord was it's white.
Any thoughts or know how to help him. He couldn't have been pipped for more then 12 to 18 hours

Okay last egg tries to hatch with momma only beak and toes out and ice cold but breathing. We crack it open and got him out, he's under heat now and moving alot and peeping now.
Now I smelled something foul. It looks like there might be infection where his umbilical cord was it's white.
Any thoughts or know how to help him. He couldn't have been pipped for more then 12 to 18 hours

Very carefully rinse of the navel with saline, wound wash or water... if you have any iodine, preferably colorless, dab some on... dab antibiotic ointment on after...

Back
Top Bottom