The Duck Thread

Ok I just had my first cooked duck eggs. I have gotten 10 so far in 4 days.
1f603.png

Fist thing I noticed is the shell is not so easily cracked. No one had cracking these babies open. Next they are heavy. I started scrambling them right off I could tell the yolks are more dense I guess you could say. I cooked with up like I would scrambled chicken eggs. I noticed had this small white dot on them. Is that a sign of fertilizEd egg and or life???
1f914.png

Any way the verdict is in. They taste like a egg. I really don't taste much different between chicken and ducks. Could that be they are first eggs layed or there diet??
1f615.png
I will not eat all 10 scrambled eggs mind you. My dogs (4) are waiting for a taste.
I'm drying out the shells then I'm going to mash them and give them to the ducks with there daily snack.
I think I will like duck eggs. Eating a little at a time. Making sure I'm not allergic. Yes I'm smart some times.
1f603.png

The white dot is the blastoderm. You're right, it's a sign of an egg being fertile.

I prefer my eggs slow scrambled. They're super creamy and DELICIOUS with a bit of fresh tarragon or chives. Soft boiled with toast is really tasty too. I'm a sucker for runny yolk!

Ok I just had my first cooked duck eggs. I have gotten 10 so far in 4 days.
1f603.png

Fist thing I noticed is the shell is not so easily cracked. No one had cracking these babies open. Next they are heavy. I started scrambling them right off I could tell the yolks are more dense I guess you could say. I cooked with up like I would scrambled chicken eggs. I noticed had this small white dot on them. Is that a sign of fertilizEd egg and or life???
1f914.png

Any way the verdict is in. They taste like a egg. I really don't taste much different between chicken and ducks. Could that be they are first eggs layed or there diet??
1f615.png
I will not eat all 10 scrambled eggs mind you. My dogs (4) are waiting for a taste.
I'm drying out the shells then I'm going to mash them and give them to the ducks with there daily snack.
I think I will like duck eggs. Eating a little at a time. Making sure I'm not allergic. Yes I'm smart some times.
1f603.png
I think the flavor of a duck egg can be more easily changed by their diet than chicken eggs. We do them scrambled with Serrano Peppers, Onion and Tomato with some melted cheese on top. Also, try baking with them and/or making pancakes or waffles. Our dogs (7 of them) get scrambled duck eggs mixed with their food a few times a month.

He is like Duck sperm yuck.
1f632.png
1f910.png
Do you have chickens? Do you also have a rooster? In all likelihood, if you do, then he has had fertilized chicken eggs. Also, does he like fresh fruit (this is a silly comparison I know but...) then he is had fertilized fruit. A fruit blossom is fertilized by a bee usually (pollinated) and then it swells up producing the fruit. Yuk, Peach sperm!!!

He is like Duck sperm yuck.
1f632.png
1f910.png
Silly Man.
Do you have chickens? Do you also have a rooster? In all likelihood, if you do, then he has had fertilized chicken eggs. Also, does he like fresh fruit (this is a silly comparison I know but...) then he is had fertilized fruit. A fruit blossom is fertilized by a bee usually (pollinated) and then it swells up producing the fruit. Yuk, Peach sperm!!!

HAHAHA Peach Sperm!

Back
Top Bottom