The ENDLESS Wait

Azure Acres

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 10, 2014
NW Missouri
I have 12 eggs that have been in there an eon (aka since Friday night lol). The wait is killing me! We have another 12 eggs that will be coming to us the week these hatch, and 40 total chicks coming April 18 from 3 breeders. I feel like I've been planning all of this for months not just a few weeks. Am I alone here or are there other impatient people like me?

I'm impatient also! I set 11 Khaki Campbell Duck eggs on 1/21/14 (yesterday) and I can not wait til they hatch!! This is my first time incubating duck eggs (I've always incubated chicken/bantam eggs). Way to impatient here!

You are not alone!!! I just had a very successful hatch last week. It seemed like the 21 days took forever and then the hatch was done in the blink of an eye. Every time I was home I'd find myself walking over and looking in at the eggs even when they weren't about to hatch.

I found the first week seemed slow, but then the end snuck up pretty quickly as I got the brooder ready.
Good Luck!

Well, Day 20 just started. (I started the eggs in the evening). No pips yet, but I'm hoping to see some in the next 24 hours. Of course, it will happen in the middle of the crazy, busy next couple of days. I am going with my mother-in-law to pick up some of her family. They are traveling by greyhound for the memorial service for my husband's grandma which is is Sat. Because of the service, my 3 nieces (12, 11, & 5) are spending Sat night with us. I had planned that this whole weekend I would be home and things would be perfect for my first hatching...and then life happened. Oh well, these chicks will just have to be tough.

Well, Day 20 just started. (I started the eggs in the evening). No pips yet, but I'm hoping to see some in the next 24 hours. Of course, it will happen in the middle of the crazy, busy next couple of days. I am going with my mother-in-law to pick up some of her family. They are traveling by greyhound for the memorial service for my husband's grandma which is is Sat. Because of the service, my 3 nieces (12, 11, & 5) are spending Sat night with us. I had planned that this whole weekend I would be home and things would be perfect for my first hatching...and then life happened. Oh well, these chicks will just have to be tough.
Condolences to all.......maybe the nieces will get to see baby chickies hatch.

Thanks! She wasn't doing well, so we are happy she is in a better place now, but sad to see her go.

On a happier note, we have our first pip! It was waiting for me when I woke up. Since I first saw it, it also made a second hole next to the pip, so it looks like it has started zipping!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom