The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

speckled, Your flock is looking good. I was pleased to hear that Deacon lives on through his progeny. He was such a good boy!

We are in the process of buying a home. It has been a nightmare, but our blessing finally came through, and what a wonderful blessing. Dh has not actually seen it yet.
Within an hour of it hitting the market, I called our realtor to go see it. It was already booked for showings the rest of the day, but he got me in first thing the next morning. It was almost exactly what I was looking for in a home. I came home, woke Dh up, and told him to buy it, how much to offer, and to get the offer in on the same day, or it would be gone. I knew it would not be on the market more than 3 days. I was right. It's still very surreal to me.

speckled, Your flock is looking good. I was pleased to hear that Deacon lives on through his progeny. He was such a good boy!

We are in the process of buying a home. It has been a nightmare, but our blessing finally came through, and what a wonderful blessing. Dh has not actually seen it yet.
Within an hour of it hitting the market, I called our realtor to go see it. It was already booked for showings the rest of the day, but he got me in first thing the next morning. It was almost exactly what I was looking for in a home. I came home, woke Dh up, and told him to buy it, how much to offer, and to get the offer in on the same day, or it would be gone. I knew it would not be on the market more than 3 days. I was right. It's still very surreal to me.
Wow, that was a whirlwind with your house! As a realtor, I found one thing. You can have every thing on your "must have" want list ticked off and the house still doesn't "feel" right. But, when someone walks into "their" house, they just know it. It's an emotional gut reaction. I've seen folks go through it many times, and been there myself. Congrats! Would love to see a picture of what you're getting!

This morning I saw Apollo "man up" for really the first time. Hector decided to take on 6 year old Alice, one of my Blue Rock hens. They were crashing into each other, up in the air and I saw Apollo notice the fight from his position down the hill and zoom at full speed right for it. He broke it up and then, of course, decided to try and take advantage and mate Alice. Well, he didn't actually get to do that because I broke that little dance up in favor of Alice not being hurt. That was the first sign I've seen from him doing a real rooster's duties, breaking up a fight. Good Apollo!

speckled, You are so right about the "feel". I could have closed my eyes, been led through the home, and known it was "the one".

Look at the bottom of the door by the fridge. It's a cat door that leads to what was the laundry room, where they had their cat litter box. Even that small detail is perfect for our two cats.

Master bedroom

Part of the Master Bath

Bedroom

Bedroom

Main Bathroom

I will use this little dinette area as a play area for the grandchildren.

@getaclue How beautiful! It's perfect. I can't remember, are you in Florida? I know only hot places have tile floors throughout, usually. When I visited my biological sister back in 2000, our aunt had terrazzo floors, those types a must in places of super high humidity (which, yeah, would be FL, not CA, though CA is hot as hades, lol). I'm sure you'll be very happy there. Again, congrats!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm outside of Tampa, Florida. Tile floors are fine here, especially when a pool is involved, so no soggy carpeting in the high traffic. We will be putting carpeting in the bedrooms later on.

Lovely house.

I can see eventually there will be sparks flying between Apollo and Hector
Yes, me, too. Apollo is gaining some confidence now and he's still bigger than Hector, especially in height (if not attitude). But, there will be a showdown at some point, certainly. At first, I wasn't sure if he was running to help Hector or help Alice, but I believe he was just doing his duty to break up a fight and take the spoils of war (Alice). I've never seen him blast over that quick before-he was there in 2 seconds after noticing the fight. I just don't want Alice hurt and with Apollo being such a youngster still, I realize she would have fought with him. She is 6 1/2 now, not a young girl anymore, hasn't been around a large rooster in years.

Yes, I'm outside of Tampa, Florida. Tile floors are fine here, especially when a pool is involved, so no soggy carpeting in the high traffic. We will be putting carpeting in the bedrooms later on.

Yup, that's what I figured. It is so tropical, the house design, the plants, the interior, very nice.

Carpet, even super high quailty, in high traffic areas, just doesn't look good for long. I only have it in our bedrooms, too. The rest is wide plank pine (and vinyl in the bathroom)

Back
Top Bottom