The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Good morning... Cold isn't bad as long as you don't have wind. We are SURROUNDED by lakes and ponds and streams and there is a lot of moisture in our air which makes it that much worse...
IMG_7477.PNG

Good morning... Cold isn't bad as long as you don't have wind. We are SURROUNDED by lakes and ponds and streams and there is a lot of moisture in our air which makes it that much worse...
View attachment 1217978

VERY true! We are usually more humid than some places, but because of our elevation, definitely not as bad as further south toward Atlanta.

We are freaking freezing here. I always feel bad for some of my chickens, some always look worse than the others, a few are still molting too, but they will be okay, and when it warms up it will feel warm.

I just look at our weather, it's only -2, but wind chills are -26. It will be -13 tonight. Not the worse yet, but definitely cold enough so chores require a few trips to the house to warm my fingers. I cannot find gloves that are both warm and functional. When they are warmer I have to remove my gloves to do stuff like open latches.

I crochet fingerless gloves, but they get picked up on wire around the chickens. They help, but I expect if I wear them for chores that they will be destroyed quickly. My dad gave me some mittens where the top folds back to show gloves with half-fingers and they work pretty well, but I still have trouble wearing gloves in the barn.

These are what I have made in the past:
DSCN0161.JPG
DSCN0165.JPG
DSCN0175.JPG
DSCN0217.JPG

I crochet fingerless gloves, but they get picked up on wire around the chickens. They help, but I expect if I wear them for chores that they will be destroyed quickly. My dad gave me some mittens where the top folds back to show gloves with half-fingers and they work pretty well, but I still have trouble wearing gloves in the barn.

These are what I have made in the past:View attachment 1218287 View attachment 1218288 View attachment 1218289 View attachment 1218290
I have two warm pair of those finger mittens. I still need to remove them for grasping some stuff, and exposing just my fingertips is no better in such cold weather anyways. Lots of making fists in my gloves to warm my fingers.

You are pretty good at knitting.

Back
Top Bottom