The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Normally here we have bear that walk by at night but they bother the bird feeders worse than anything. Seldom do you hear of problems unless the humans start feeding them.

A few years ago I got a middle of the night call that our horses were out - after daylight came we checked the fences, and it seemed a bear had gone through the back fence - and the startled horses through the front one. Always a fun night chasing horses down, then walking them home in the dark. Can't blame them though.

Funny, I just watched a movie with Sidney Poitier and Tom Berenger called Shoot to Kill where there was a grizzly encounter. And I have a movie downloaded called Backcountry, which looks too scary to actually watch, LOL (bear again). It's understandable that they are fleeing the wildfires. Would a hibernating bear leave his den in case of fire? I would imagine he would smell the smoke, wouldn't he?

Praying for rain over there Cyn! Hope you all are safe!

Have you seen The Revenant? It's a great movie and there is a pretty gnarly bear scene in it!

Praying for rain over there Cyn! Hope you all are safe!

Have you seen The Revenant? It's a great movie and there is a pretty gnarly bear scene in it!
We got that brief shower, then nothing. Temps dropped dramatically, at least for us. Two days ago, it was almost 80* and today won't make it out of the 40's, they say, low tonight in the high teens. I hate those sudden drops. Why can't it just be gradual? Never is. Guess you have snow, Isaiah?
I can attest that the bear scene is one of the best scenes in contemporary cinema! Leo did amazing.

Good morning thread!

Good morning, all! Yes, we did see The Revenant! EXCELLENT movie! And the bear scene was brutal, one of the best ever. Another good survival movie involving a bear is The Edge with Anthony Hopkins. I've watched that several times over the years.

Speaking of survival movies, have you seen National Geographic's American Blackout? It's about the grid going down due to a cyber attack for ten days and how people react to it. There is another movie with the exact same name surrounding civil rights, but this is on Nat Geo. Other than the too pat, quick and unrealistic ending, IMO, it really hits home. We watched it last night. I keep saying that people need to have a minimum storage of food, water, toilet paper, etc, but I don't think many are listening to me, at least in my own family. My youtubes have had some good views, though, so someone is at least interested. Just wish it was my own family.

We got that brief shower, then nothing. Temps dropped dramatically, at least for us. Two days ago,  it was almost 80* and today won't make it out of the 40's, they say, low tonight in the high teens. I hate those sudden drops. Why can't it just be gradual? Never is. Guess you have snow, Isaiah?

Good morning, all! Yes, we did see The Revenant! EXCELLENT movie! And the bear scene was brutal, one of the best ever. Another good survival movie involving a bear is The Edge with Anthony Hopkins. I've watched that several times over the years.

Speaking of survival movies, have you seen National Geographic's American Blackout? It's about the grid going down due to a cyber attack for ten days and how people react to it. There is another movie with the exact same name surrounding civil rights, but this is on Nat Geo. Other than the too pat, quick and unrealistic ending, IMO, it really hits home. We watched it last night. I keep saying that people need to have a minimum storage of food, water, toilet paper, etc, but I don't think many are listening to me, at least in my own family. My youtubes have had some good views, though, so someone is at least interested. Just wish it was my own family.

One reason I started up with chickens. Eggs and we eat the cockerels. I am working on my food storage. I believe it is very important. Our church has told us to build up a years supply.

Back
Top Bottom