The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Agree 100% with The Christmas Sotry movie! I hate every bit of it and my mom loves it so it was on all day yesterday. Thankfully it'll be another year before I have to see it again.

Finally, someone who agrees with me! I cannot tell you how much I despise that movie, LOL! Television the entire last part of December all the way through Jan 2 is a lost cause.

Rainy day. Not cold, temp-wise, but the wet makes it seem colder than it is. Some of the birds got out briefly this morning, but not Atlas's group. It was like Spring this weekend.

Same here! Briefly let the turkeys and chickens out while I tended to the Garlic/Onions I planted, but otherwise, everyone has preferred to stay dry today. It's not even a steady trickle. Just enough rain to keep everything wet and gross.

0.jpg

Apollo, Zara and Athena enjoying today's sunshine. Zara is officially 40 weeks old and now has passed June for the latest ever first egg.
hmm.png

Tried to show Hector's width and it's distracting to see how his tail is so weirdly split. The sickles droop in the middle. Wonder what is causing that, if the "holder" is not formed well.

He has a broke holder. You made me laugh.
1f600.png
Glad I was some comic relief today! I know it has a name, but some folks have no idea about that, but when you say it that way, it's too funny! A broke holder, LOL! I think a "broke holder" is better than uropygium, or whatever the word is, don't you?

I always make up my own words for stuff, it keeps me am amused throughout the day. I also enjoy when folks misspell stuff. I both love and hate autocorrect.

Completely off topic, I made caramel yesterday! The only ingredient? Sweetened condensed milk and a pot of boiling water (only because two of the jars I used were too tall to put in the crock pot). Went from condensed milk to this yummy stuff. To do it in a tall pot of boiling water takes about 3 hours, the crock pot on low takes 8 hours. Nothing easier. It can even be done in the unopened cans. Since I did it in canning jars, it is not shelf-safe and must be stored in the fridge. If you did it in the cans, you can just cool them down, mark what's in there and put it on your shelf.

This is what it looks like, not as sweet as actual caramel candies, better, really. Perfect for apple pies/cobblers, over ice cream or by the spoonful.
big_smile.png

Cyn!! You are bad! I have about 15 cans of the stuff left over from making Flan and Coquito (coconut nog) for the Holidays, now it looks like I'll have some Caramel too...
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom