The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Hopefully she pulls through Cyn. It always seems like either the pulley, best or favorite are the ones that stuff happens too.

Hopefully she pulls through Cyn. It always seems like either the pulley, best or favorite are the ones that stuff happens too.
Thank you, Isaiah, I hope so. She is my new blood, her and Jill. They're great girls. I adore Thea and she's a good layer, which I also need.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :) It's incredible to read about your devotion to your old gals. Warms my heart. <3
Thanks, Gabriel, appreciate it. The old gals are devoted to us, too, so they deserve it. Tears would come to your eyes if you saw poor old crippled Snow light up when she hears DH's voice. She starts chattering, gets louder and louder if you answer her, and even though it's very difficult for her to go forward with her bad leg, she literally summons up all her strength and throws herself toward him. She'll get a forward momentum going and end up over the lip of her pen into the barn aisle to get to him. He scoops her up and she snuggles under his chin. Then, she gets really quiet and you can see her do a thing like a cat's silent meow. She adores him. He loves that hen to pieces and I know we'll lose her soon.

Oh wow Cyn. Why was I thinking she was one of Atlass girks?

You've been busy! But, there's no reason you should know who is who in my entire barn, though, funnily enough, most of the longtime BYC folks usually seem to know each others' birds, LOL.

Atlas has six hens: Wynette and Ida, the almost 6 yr old original Marvin Stukel line hens (Dottie passed away), Druscilla who is Dottie and Rex#1's daughter, Lizzie, Tessa, and the splash Rock, Gloria Jean. Gloria Jean is 6 years old, too. So he has only two younger hens, his daughters Liz and Tess. So, 5 BRs and 1 Splash Rock is all he has. And he's just 3 years old himself.

You've been busy! But, there's no reason you should know who is who in my entire barn, though, funnily enough, most of the longtime BYC folks usually seem to know each others' birds, LOL.

Atlas has six hens: Wynette and Ida, the almost 6 yr old original Marvin Stukel line hens (Dottie passed away), Druscilla who is Dottie and Rex#1's daughter, Lizzie, Tessa, and the splash Rock, Gloria Jean. Gloria Jean is 6 years old, too. So he has only two younger hens, his daughters Liz and Tess. So, 5 BRs and 1 Splash Rock is all he has. And he's just 3 years old himself.

Oooh I see! WOW I cant believe its already been three years since I decided to follow this thread! I believe I followed around the begining of the thread lol! It has been so much fun watching your birds grow nd hearing your stories!

Oooh I see! WOW I cant believe its already been three years since I decided to follow this thread! I believe I followed around the begining of the thread lol! It has been so much fun watching your birds grow nd hearing your stories!

Oh, you're right! That means this thread has been going for almost 3 years now. I started it in May 2014 when Atlas was just a few weeks old. I went back and looked at the first few posts, good memories! I'm glad you've enjoyed it, I sure have!

So sorry you are having a rough start to the new year, Cyn. I hope Mary recovers well from her injury. Glad to hear Atlas is feeling better and Dusty is a bit more comfortable.

Yay for Zara!! The waiting game here is driving me crazy. I now know what my eggs are worth after buying expensive "pastured" eggs that didn't come anywhere near the size and quality of mine. I just buy the cheap ones now until I get eggs. DH keeps asking when it will pick up, it seems our feed bill is outrageous right now with nothing to show for it. Too old and too young is the only answer I have for him.

How is that quilt coming along?

Back
Top Bottom