The Feed Store........

lurky

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Western MA
So i went to the feed store today with my DH and boy was he happy/lucky. Wouldn't you know it, as i walked in i could hear the peepin' from the door. I followed it to the bins to see what we were going to be bringing home........LOL.
Well, lucky day, there was one bin of little ducklings and one bin of assorted sex links. These are NOT my weaknesses . I was so relieved as was DH. I think most of you must know what i was feeling. If your favorites are there and there is ANY extra.......who here would have gone home with them.............and who has the discipline to say no??????????

i would taken them home in a heart beat
smile.png
big_smile.png

I went to the feed store a couple of days ago & they had... leghorns, sex links, lacewing wyandottes, rirs, australorps, orpingtons, cochins, silkies & some others, but you know? I was not the least bit interested in bringing more chicks home to start all over again. I'm happy that my 6 girls are all out on their own & that they will be giving us eggs by this fall. Maybe next spring I'll get hit with the chick fever again...
big_smile.png

Satisfied with 6? Your very lucky. I dont think i will ever stop wanting. I am not just all baby chick happy either. I love them all. In fact , i love my chickens more as they get bigger (i was always afraid i was going to break them as little ones) I love to go to other peoples houses to see their coop and chickens. The more rustic the coop is, the better i like it.

Last edited:
big_smile.png
[ ( The more rustic the coop is, the better i like it)
Hey hey,thanks for a new name to call my coop.my kids make fun of my "free" coop..........everything it took to make it came free to me...........they call it Ghetto..........okie, hickified
big_smile.png
so now I can say NO it is "rustic charm"
yippiechickie.gif

Picture070.jpg

It definitly looks like it deserves the title. recycling is the way to go, free is a benefit of it.
The picture is small so its hard to see it but it looks good to me. I think if it does what it is supposed to do, its good. The rustic part adds character.

Back
Top Bottom