THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

Pics
MY FIRST EGG TODAY!!!
The hen that laid it is a 22 week old White barred Rock. I have 3 other chickens ( another white barred rock, and 2 Dominiques) the exact same age, but nothing from them yet.

I also have two silkies, and a Gold laced Wyandotte, but they are 4 weeks younger.
It is most exciting when you get the first egg. Then we still wait and hope for more. Congratulations. You have a nice flock.

Today, October 21st 2017...we got our FIRST EGG!!! And what a perfect egg it is! No flaws, perfectly shaped, speckled, and huge!! My 3 yr old daughter was assisting me as usual, I pulled the tractor over to the coop and my daughter started yelling mommy look egg!! Egg! I look up and I started screaming!!! I quickly retrieved it, tapping it..lol...even shook it gently next to my ear...I didn't believe it was real! Even my neighbor came over to see what all the commotion was all about lol we have raised them since 1 week old, they are almost 32 weeks!!!! And they are all ISA browns!!! We thought they'd never lay!!!! Today is a good day!!!
IMAG6587_1.jpg
IMAG6586_1.jpg
IMAG6588.jpg
IMAG6589.jpg

Today, October 21st 2017...we got our FIRST EGG!!! And what a perfect egg it is! No flaws, perfectly shaped, speckled, and huge!! My 3 yr old daughter was assisting me as usual, I pulled the tractor over to the coop and my daughter started yelling mommy look egg!! Egg! I look up and I started screaming!!! I quickly retrieved it, tapping it..lol...even shook it gently next to my ear...I didn't believe it was real! Even my neighbor came over to see what all the commotion was all about lol we have raised them since 1 week old, they are almost 32 weeks!!!! And they are all ISA browns!!! We thought they'd never lay!!!! Today is a good day!!! View attachment 1166631 View attachment 1166632 View attachment 1166633 View attachment 1166634
Wow, that's a big egg! Congratulations.

MY FIRST EGG TODAY!!!
The hen that laid it is a 22 week old White barred Rock. I have 3 other chickens ( another white barred rock, and 2 Dominiques) the exact same age, but nothing from them yet.

I also have two silkies, and a Gold laced Wyandotte, but they are 4 weeks younger.
Congratulations :)

Back
Top Bottom