The fish tank thread.

This is my 8 inch flowerhorn named el Diablo... He's currently in a 55 gallon tank

This is my 5 inch yod xsl srd... His name is Sergio he's in a 50 gallon tank... He was my very first pet that I've had all to myself and I've had him for 4 years. Now I have 6 chickens and 3 fish that are all mine.

I got my first aquarium at age 12 I even bought it myself, it was a typical 10 gallon that was overstocked, not heated and I constantly cleaned it (I was obsessed with it).

Now I'm 16 and own 5 tanks, I currently have a 2.5g, 5g, (2) 10g, and a 37g tall.

I started planting my tanks last year and it's turning out pretty well.

This is my guppies display tank.

My 5 gallon, it now has a male betta.

This is kind of a "catch all" tank (37g) where I put any extra guppies or neon tetras (whatever I'm moving around).

Now this is my 10g that I've gone back and forth with. I'm never content with the way it looks, ignore the tint of the water (driftwood :/) it's just tannins. It's also serving as a "guppy population bomb container" currently lol.

I have a 10 gallon now with 6 neon tetras, 4 mini Cory catfish, 5 rosy red minnows, 3 feeder guppies, and 11 baby feeder guppies, which are in a breeder box/fry saver, and they are only about the sizes of grains of rice. Plus some cherry shrimp and ghost shrimp. I know, it's way over stocked but my tank is cycled, I have a powerful filter, I do partial water changes every 3 days to weekly, and keep the water perimeters steady. Will they be okay for a few months until I can move them to a 30 gallon?

Be careful the nitrates don't slowly creep up, sometimes you can't tell by testing, but by the amount of algae growth, and of course watch for outbreaks of diseases. Just keep up the water changes, and don't feed too much, and hopefully they will make it okay.

Be careful the nitrates don't slowly creep up, sometimes you can't tell by testing, but by the amount of algae growth, and of course watch for outbreaks of diseases. Just keep up the water changes, and don't feed too much, and hopefully they will make it okay.

I agree, it's not optimal but it can work if you keep up the cleanings.
Okay thanks. I will put them in a 30 gal soon as possible. Oh and I have 2 java ferns and a moss ball to help keep the tank clean too.

Plants can definitely allow more "wiggly room" when it comes to stocking a tank... However usually only heavily planted tanks can actually make it sustainable. Maybe add some fast growing plants, the faster a plant grows the more nutrients it's going to be taking in. Duckweed, narrow leaf water sprite and hornwort have done wonders in my tanks.

Plants can definitely allow more "wiggly room" when it comes to stocking a tank... However usually only heavily planted tanks can actually make it sustainable. Maybe add some fast growing plants, the faster a plant grows the more nutrients it's going to be taking in. Duckweed, narrow leaf water sprite and hornwort have done wonders in my tanks.
Cool. I am planning on making a kelp forest+coral reef themed tank. So I am getting as many plants as I can. Oh and do you know what pet store sells java moss?

Back
Top Bottom