The "get to 1,000 pages before 12/31/12" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, you're wrong. Your argument is the world will end next year. I am reading your mind right now. I see you laughing trying to confuse me with your silly math argument. Be honest and tell the truth. I have caught you in your very own web of deception.
clap.gif

Nope, you're wrong. Your argument is the world will end next year. I am reading your mind right now. I see you laughing trying to confuse me with your silly math argument. Be honest and tell the truth. I have caught you in your very own web of deception.
clap.gif
huh? i'm confused on how you don't get it

see, the Mayans didn't include leap day in their calender. the leap day was put in rather recently, actually. the Mayan calender has been around for well over 365 years, so adding an extra day, adds 365+ days to the calender making it really passed December something 2012

I actually read something that says the concept of the Mayans predicting some sort of catastrophic event in December is only a modern concept, and that their calendar only signified the end of one cycle. A new one begins after that. Nothing more.

Anyhow, I've been okay. Very busy. I was just off eating breakfast so I didn't reply right away. :p

I actually read something that says the concept of the Mayans predicting some sort of catastrophic event in December is only a modern concept, and that their calendar only signified the end of one cycle. A new one begins after that. Nothing more.
Anyhow, I've been okay. Very busy. I was just off eating breakfast so I didn't reply right away.
tongue.png
good way to put it :p lets leave it at that ^^

i see :p so is it becoming Fall way over there now? :p

Dude they left off a day every 4 years. So it takes 1460 years to be off by a year (except their calendars are based on lunar cycles and on length of human pregnancy). Their calendar is about 5200 years old. However, they ending date has nothing to do with leap years and what not. Their calendar is a circular thing that runs out of days in 2012. It is not linear like our calendar.

Dude they left off a day every 4 years. So it takes 1460 years to be off by a year (except their calendars are based on lunar cycles and on length of human pregnancy). Their calendar is about 5200 years old. However, they ending date has nothing to do with leap years and what not. Their calendar is a circular thing that runs out of days in 2012. It is not linear like our calendar.
Mea culpa

actually, it does have a great deal to do with leap years. now wheres that meme that explained it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom