the goose/geese thread! non-breed specific, just talk about geese in general :)

not going to lie, but i can not wait for when my geese come. all these pics of baby geese make me kinda sad am getting adults (but that what you get for only wanting females)

not going to lie, but i can not wait for when my geese come. all these pics of baby geese make me kinda sad am getting adults (but that what you get for only wanting females)

Aww well still exciting! But i sure do enjoy the baby stage
Sad day for me... my baby chinese geese at 4 1/2 weeks old now are almost as big as the runner ducks. Norman started chasing down the ducks and attacking them. Biting them anywhere he could catch but mostly grabbing the ducks by their wings.
My husband wants them gone. Doesnt want to worry about the ducks getting hurt. And i dont want the ducks hurt either but its going to be sooo hard to give them away. Im so attached and they are soo attached to me.
But at least you get girls. Thats what we wanted was two girls. I dont know if it would have made a difference . But the boy- norman is who is doing the attacking.
If i ever try them again... which im sure i will ... i will order girls specifically and i will chose a more docile breed.
I had high hopes for my chinese babies even tho i have read they are more on the aggresive / territorial side.
However i have enjoyed every second of raising them up so far. They are soo intelligent! I never knew how smart and personable geese are
1f495.png

The love of my life (out of my flock of 9 ducks and 9 chickens lol)
Goose my Embden gosling
1f495.png

I want some embden so bad. I love them lol. I may order two hens next year if we have room lol. Right now I'm loving our pilgrims. :)

My 3 little babies, 2 Africans (?) And and Embden :)

1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Are Geese messier than Ducks?

Not messier but omg do they get big fast. That made clean up a little more difficult lol

here are my babies they are 3 weeks old already they are going out for and hour or two a day. they are so funny and big babies when I walk away . well I could not down load the pictures it was saying it was two big I am not sure how to make it smaller .

"Ava and Goliath" a buff and a gray saddleback

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_165713.jpg
    IMG_20170530_165713.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20170530_165733.jpg
    IMG_20170530_165733.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 2
well had to down size my order, am getting one Toulouse hen and one African hen, there both for an alarm system (hoping to scare off predators) but super excited for them :)

Back
Top Bottom