The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
When you can get the one with the thing on the belly(probably naval where the yolk absorbs) put it into a tea cup--That will let it rest and hopefully let the prolapse to go back up.
I grabbed th ones in the incubator out after further investigation I decided it was best to cull 3 I couldn't watch them suffer.We are keeping one who can't walk well yet but gets around on his own accord even though it's a he. Pictures coming soon.
Ron how is your hatch going.

Keep us posted!

I've discovered Im in love with any "blue" colored chicken they are just so cute!

The Australorps that were shipped in saw dust are about finished hatching. Six are out and doing nicely. One of the eggs still has a pip and I heard a chick cheeping but I am leaving in alone. Hopefully it will make it out on it's own.

Here are the six BAs(Black and Blue Australorps)

I do believe all the eggs that are going to hatch have hatched. I see no piping or hear more chirping but I'm going to give them a little more time.
The last chick hatched over night, #7. There are 4 other eggs in the hatcher but they do not have pips. I will candle and crack them open tonight.

Congratulations on your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom