The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Thanks Dan. I already have Marans but they are still young yet so I won't know for another 4 months or more before I see the color of their eggs. The blue is beautiful. Interesting enough, I went to a Fresh Market store and they had blue and dark brown eggs and the package advertised the breeds producing them. I know the brown listed Marans and I believe Amerucaunas on the blue. The price was definitely higher than the other eggs. Could you tell me where you found the fertile Amerucauna eggs?

Thanks
Rhonda

Thanks Dan. I already have Marans but they are still young yet so I won't know for another 4 months or more before I see the color of their eggs. The blue is beautiful. Interesting enough, I went to a Fresh Market store and they had blue and dark brown eggs and the package advertised the breeds producing them. I know the brown listed Marans and I believe Amerucaunas on the blue. The price was definitely higher than the other eggs. Could you tell me where you found the fertile Amerucauna eggs?

Thanks
Rhonda
I got them from Chickeemama right here on BYC. She was easy to deal and a Nice experience all the way around.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...cauna-or-lavender-orpington-shipping-included

Dan

Got pictures from the package it looked to be in good shape not sure how it would have stood up to rough handling. I have know clue about air cell. I think it would have been acceptable shipping method for hatching eggsthey should have still been able to breath because I could actually touch the shell after they were packed.

What did the PO say about insuring eggs. From what I understand USPS won't insure hatching eggs.
Hi everyone, I received a letter today from the PO, in response to my filing an online claim on the eggs that were insured and damaged during shipment. They have asked for me to provide "a dated sales receipt, invoice, credit card statement, or proof of completed transaction."
I have all of those items ready and I have 30 days to take this information to my local PO. Or I may send it to the ST. Louis, MO address. If the information is not sent to them within 30 days the claim will be denied. So, now my next step is to take the information to my local PO on Monday with the information that they have requested. I will keep you posted as to the success of payment of the claim!

Remember my dirty shipped eggs?

7 out of 10 that went into lockdown hatched. The grey, and chipmunk mutts were mine and the yellows and lonely black came from those eggs. the last 2 didn't even internally pip. It kinda looked like maybe they quit day 18 or 19.
roll.png

Remember my dirty shipped eggs?

7 out of 10 that went into lockdown hatched. The grey, and chipmunk mutts were mine and the yellows and lonely black came from those eggs. the last 2 didn't even internally pip. It kinda looked like maybe they quit day 18 or 19.
roll.png
I got dirty eggs from the same seller. Candled tonight and pulled 5 that were clear. Keeping my fingers crossed for what is left.

Dan

Here is the surprising thing...

these eggs arrived in pristine condition. There were 12. I pulled 9 clear at day 7! I go into lockdown on Tuesday and I am pretty sure there are only 2 good ones in there.
sad.png

The hatching eggs from Wisher1000 came this morning! She even sent me extras!
Out of 16 eggs, 2 were broken, 2 have detached air cells, 2 have weird air cells that are in the right place, and 10 have good looking air cells in the right place! Thank you Wisher! I am looking forward to this hatch!

Back
Top Bottom