The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Cucumbers work, as well. So would grapes.
LOL - great ideas.

I forget about temperate climate options. We use watermelon, papaya, mango and whatever other fruits are in season,

We ship from day olds up. Any birds older than 36 hours get an inflight snack dropped in their box following the journey from the farm to the city. About half of them are only in transport three hours after they are checked in but some leave our Airport at 7pm and arrive the following day at as late as 11 am.

So far we have lost 2 birds in tranport out of hundreds - and that was before we added the fruit.

SO GUYS...
im needing to ship a half a dozen eggs to 2 bycers here for the first time ever just in time for easter. ive planned my collecting days and shipping days, but I still don't exactly know my plan of shipping. all day ive watched unboxing videos and I think I have a fairly good idea of what I want to do.

get bubble wrap and fold over the ends to make a pocket and tape it.
Place the egg in the pocket.
Fold the sides over so I have a long strip.
roll up the egg till the end of the wrap.
Tape it closed.
Put a good layer of 'cushioning' (layer of bubble wrap, then plastic bags, then news paper and a few peanuts) in the bottom and top of the box.
place the eggs inside, on their side (in the center of everything and then layer the top).
Fill in corners and gaps with bags and newspaper.
Tape it closed.

HOPEFULLY this will work. PLEASE let me know if this is a good idea on shipping. this was inspired from some of the successful videos I watched today.
now, I know some people label with "live embryos" and "fertile hatching eggs" and "do not xray, live embryos" or "chicken eggs"

what is the best way of labeling? and is it necessary?

thanks,
ashley

Back
Top Bottom