The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Unless you paid extra for guaranteed delivery (date) there's not much to be done. If the package is damaged and eggs are broken when it arrives, you can file a $50 claim (or whatever the eggs cost/were worth) but not just because they were in transit for longer than you expected. Some have had luck with phone calls, but likely, it will get there when it gets there. I just resent eggs and the customer paid shipping again. I didn't have to do that, but it is what I would have liked if I had been on the receiving end - and I had the eggs to ship.

Im having that same issue right now.
Tracking says its out for delivery in Memphis Tn. Memphis is 900 miles away from the destination
It doesnt say out for delivery on my end...just in transit to its destination, my assumption would be that they should be here today even though it says their in memphis still. It happens sometimes esp lately it seems the info is all messed up.

FedEx Express National Service Disruption

Last Update: March 5, 2015
FedEx Express experienced substantial sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to the winter storm. Delays across the U.S. can be expected for many packages with a delivery commitment of March 5, 2015. FedEx is committed to provide service to the best of our ability. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.
Continue to check the status of your shipments on fedex.com or go to fedex.com for updates to FedEx Service Alerts. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or stay up to date by subscribing to service disruption email notifications at the FedEx Email Subscription Center.
Operational impacts to other FedEx operating companies may vary due to local weather conditions.
Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, FedEx Express money-back guarantee is suspended for U.S. packages and shipments inbound into the U.S. from international locations with a delivery commitment of March 5, 2015.

FedEx Express money-back guarantee is suspended for U.S. packages and shipments inbound into the U.S. from international locations with a delivery commitment of March 5, 2015.

Rules are rules unless they're inconvenient LOL

FedEx, USPS, and UPS are all experiencing delays due to weather.

I shipped eggs on Monday, but I haven't even tried since. For one thing, we're having a winter storm here, and too many eggs are muddy and/or frozen. For another thing, if I were to ship eggs out, they might get stuck somewhere for 5 days due to weather conditions keeping the trucks from moving.

Back
Top Bottom