The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

QUESTION for you amazing peeps:
I just ordered my first shipped eggs; seramas. any recommendations on letting the settle? I have no idea what to do and want to get the best hatch rate I can get from these guys :)
Depends a lot on the condition they arrive in. I usually let them rest until the evening of the day I receive them and then set them. The worse the aircells look, the longer I will go without turning them.

Put them in an egg carton large end up for a day before you put them in the bator.

Depends a lot on the condition they arrive in. I usually let them rest until the evening of the day I receive them and then set them. The worse the aircells look, the longer I will go without turning them.

OK so it just depends? theyre scheduled to get here around Thursday and I set around the 16th...so after a day of rest I would be able to start turning them again until I set?

I would only let them settle long enough to make sure the temp is not too cold. I put mine in the bator as soon as I get them candled, and believe shipped eggs should be hatched in cartons. Like Ladycat said, put them in a cut down carton, large end up, and don't turn them for a couple of days (or turn them only slightly and very gently, if the air cells are bad (rolling, bubbles, split.)

Quote:
It happens. I once sent a package to Arkansas from Kentucky that went to Cincinnati (normal), but then on to Maryland, North Carolina, and Tennessee before getting to Arkansas.

How the heck did eggs I sent from Texas to New York state end up in Hawaii??

Quote: i had a package sent to me from cali...it ended up going thru new york, ohio, then wisconsin before it to came to me in michigan 10 days later....Really...really...was pretty much all i could say. i'm just glad it wasnt eggs, i think if the post office had called me to pick up those i would have said i refuse lol.

My mother lives in Arkansas and it is not uncommon for her packages to be sent to Arizona. It has happened numerous times. Then after the latest postal sorting center closings a couple of years back her mail goes all over. She lives near Fayetteville. This is not only the postal service but UPS as well. Anyway, her mail will check into Fayetteville and then get sent back to Saint Louis MO!!! They want to save money, maybe they needs to look at their shipping procedures.

Ya! Why didn't they end up in say... Iowa!
wink.png
That's crazy tho'. Those ZIP codes have to be *radically* different!!!

Back
Top Bottom