The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Quote:
Depends on how far they are going and the weight of the package. If you go to the usps.com and print your labels online (that alone will save money if you aren't doing it already), for every shipment it will show you the cost of the various alternatives. Unless I am shipping to the west coast or shipping something weighing more than 5 pounds, my own box is usually cheaper - "my own box" includes the #7 box which is free from usps.com and is larger than any of the flat rate boxes.

well i had two egg shipments go out...one made it but the package was dinged up pretty good...and the other never made it...wondering where it went...and being friday the 13th i can imagine my luck....well here is the pics of the package and eggs
that made it...

everything was fine...not breaks all good....until i stuck my hand in the box and squished one...grrr

Is there a less expensive shipping option other than priority mail flat rate boxes?

Depends on how far they are going and the weight of the package. If you go to the usps.com and print your labels online (that alone will save money if you aren't doing it already), for every shipment it will show you the cost of the various alternatives. Unless I am shipping to the west coast or shipping something weighing more than 5 pounds, my own box is usually cheaper - "my own box" includes the #7 box which is free from usps.com and is larger than any of the flat rate boxes.

If your adding on tracking and insurance does that still make "your own box" cheaper?

Tracking and insurance up to $50 are included free on all priority packages. On express, I believe up to $100 insurance is included.

Back
Top Bottom