The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

I agree. I like the shock absorption provided by the bubble wrap tubes.

200x200px-ZC-182493e5_JCsEggs016.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-004fd163_Shippingeggs6.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-61b4ea98_image.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-cab3944a_0227131412.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-366633c9_102_2148.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-672c68af_IMG_0402.jpeg

Last edited:
I usually don't have much of a hatch with eggs shipped in egg cartons. That's why I don't use them for packing eggs.
i have gotten eggs wrapped all different ways and i must say the last shipment i got from TJ, she wraps in Bubble wrap then egg cartons....12 of 12 developed...i lost one on day 7 the other 11 look very healthy. i have also had eggs packed all different ways and they did horrid..i think it is always just a roll of the dice. i personally prefer the carton method, wrapped in bubble wrap, then surround by packing peanuts and/or the large bubble wrap. I have had good luck with the separate wrapped eggs too though.

i have gotten eggs wrapped all different ways and i must say the last shipment i got from TJ, she wraps in Bubble wrap then egg cartons....12 of 12 developed...i lost one on day 7 the other 11 look very healthy. i have also had eggs packed all different ways and they did horrid..i think it is always just a roll of the dice. i personally prefer the carton method, wrapped in bubble wrap, then surround by packing peanuts and/or the large bubble wrap. I have had good luck with the separate wrapped eggs too though.

I have eggs from TJ that went into lockdown last night, 8 out of 12 were developed, which is good. I hope all 8 hatch (I can hope!).

I've gotten eggs packed all kinds of ways too. Just my experience, those in egg cartons tend to not do as well as those packed some other ways.

I have eggs from TJ that went into lockdown last night, 8 out of 12 were developed, which is good. I hope all 8 hatch (I can hope!).

I've gotten eggs packed all kinds of ways too. Just my experience, those in egg cartons tend to not do as well as those packed some other ways.
Did you get D'uccles too or sermas or ducks lol i dont remeber which you bid on! Mine go into lockdown on saturday and i also have polish eggs that just went in on saturday from TJ.

jumping in here

its been a while

the when to turn turn thing is innteresting

studies show that poor ot absent turning during the first 5 days can increase "dead in shell" counts and reduce hatches by 25%. The chicks get stuck early on by being pinned by the yolk to the shell membrane and when it comes time to internally pip, they cant.

because of this I turn as soon as I start incubating. even when i was following the byc mantra of not turning, i have never had an egg with an end to end rolling air cell hatch so i dont see the point in risking the viable eggs

jumping in here

its been a while

the when to turn turn thing is innteresting

studies show that poor ot absent turning during the first 5 days can increase "dead in shell" counts and reduce hatches by 25%. The chicks get stuck early on by being pinned by the yolk to the shell membrane and when it comes time to internally pip, they cant.

because of this I turn as soon as I start incubating. even when i was following the byc mantra of not turning, i have never had an egg with an end to end rolling air cell hatch so i dont see the point in risking the viable eggs

I had read that too.... so always turned, but gently, and with the egg standing up.... because I have had totally detached air cells

I often forget to turn the eggs while I'm collecting them . I mean on the counter, before going into the bator. I worry about that. Did any of your research address that? I prop the carton they are in up on one end and swap ends when I think about it, but some days I just forget.......
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom