The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Yureka!!! I got 2 chicks to hatch from my 10 eggs. I let them sit for 12 hours, I was too impatient. I got 2 gorgeous chocolate bantam "orpington" chicks. They are very lovely. I will post pics soon!

Hello all!

It's been a long time since I was here, but I have some eggs to ship and of course, I had to review here before I proceeded. I have some friends here in Alabama that have had good luck with shipping eggs and I asked if they would please share their method. The following is a quote from the ALABAMA!! thread describing what they do. I may try this method with my next batch to see if my results are as good. I will report here, of course, if I do.

Begin QUOTE from 1kluckychick (Bamadude's widow)

First order "regional box A" from usps.com. They come in packs of 10.
We wrap each egg in a 1/4 sheet of newspaper (just cut it where the folds are)

We cut 3-4 inch strips of small bubble wrap. Wrap up the newspapered eggs in it.

Fill up the regional box A halfway with poly-fill pillow stuffing (big clear bag at walmart craft dept).
Nestle the eggs in (up to 15 wrapped eggs will fit). Air cells up of course
Pack poly fill on top of the eggs filling the box tight. Tape shut.

Get a medium flat rate box. Cut out a square of big bubble wrap to lay flat in the bottom of it. Place your packed and taped regional box A in the medium flat rate box.
Add big bubble wrap along the sides between the 2 boxes to make a tight fit.
Add a square of big bubble wrap on top.
Tape shut and label with names and addresses ONLY. Do not write anything else on the box. No live embryos. No fragile. No nothing.
We have had 1 damaged aircell in the past 150 eggs we shipped this way

End QUOTE

If you decide to try this method, or if you receive eggs packed this way, please, report about it here so we can all learn from your experience. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

This is the box we use.

Back
Top Bottom