The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

And she swims. Stella made my day today swimming in the pond I made her. She almost did not know what to do. I posted pics when she was 8 weeks and all thought she would stay a Stella but her coloring changed and she is looking more heish. Love her either way. What do you thing still a hen or now a drake?

Last edited:
And she swims. Stella made my day today swimming in the pond I made her. She almost did not know what to do. I posted pics when she was 8 weeks and all thought she would stay a Stella but her coloring changed and she is looking more heish. Love her either way. What do you thing still a hen or now a drake?
I would say drake. my girls dont have the dak head. how old is she?

Quote: She just turn 11 weeks Wednesday. Either way she stays...love that duck. The funny thing is I always wanted one but I have an in ground pool so chose not to thinking I could not keep it out of that pool. I went to get a couple more baby chicks and my other half saw the duck and could not leave it. "We could give it a better home.....So the wal mart pools were bought and then I wanted her to be able to swim like a duck so we dug and dug. The ground was so rooted. She finally went in yesterday I was so excited. I have to get the video off my phone and I can post it. I was excited for the possibility of duck eggs but I can live on my chickens eggs:) but I have read that drake can get aggressive with chickens when trying to mate. And I have read they can be fine. I really don't want another duck so any advise would help and I need to stop reading and see how it all plays out. But Stella/Stanely has stolen my heart.

She just turn 11 weeks Wednesday. Either way she stays...love that duck. The funny thing is I always wanted one but I have an in ground pool so chose not to thinking I could not keep it out of that pool. I went to get a couple more baby chicks and my other half saw the duck and could not leave it. "We could give it a better home.....So the wal mart pools were bought and then I wanted her to be able to swim like a duck so we dug and dug. The ground was so rooted. She finally went in yesterday I was so excited. I have to get the video off my phone and I can post it. I was excited for the possibility of duck eggs but I can live on my chickens eggs:) but I have read that drake can get aggressive with chickens when trying to mate. And I have read they can be fine. I really don't want another duck so any advise would help and I need to stop reading and see how it all plays out. But Stella/Stanely has stolen my heart.

When "she" quaks is it loud or raspy? that is usually a dead give away. I hope to dg our ducks up a pond some day we are just using a small plastic pool for all 4 at the moment. I house my ducks with my chickens. I am not sure about a lone drake but my drake leaves the chickens alone except when i give treats. He will chase the chickens away to make sure his hens get some treats! I would be worried about him trying to breed a chicken if there were no female ducks around, especially breeding season when mating is more heavy around here.

Oh man. I have 2 females, and one has been laying for 3 weeks now, and the other hasn't started yet. I'm getting anxious!

Well that's ok, are they the same age? Are you sure you have two females? And is the one that has not had an egg yet acting funny like not eating or moving as if it is egg bound? Some times I have a hard time finding my eggs they get lost in the hay!

Oh man. I have 2 females, and one has been laying for 3 weeks now, and the other hasn't started yet. I'm getting anxious!
Probably nothing to worry about. I have two Khaki Campbell females and one Blue Swedish female in my adult flock (flockette?) They started laying very sporadically and now have established a laying cycle of 1 egg, 1 egg, 2 eggs, 3 eggs, 1 egg, day off, day off and back again. Also, like KBgirls says, check all around. Ducks are funny and will just drop an egg sort of like it is in the way and go about their business. I have also found, in their coop bedding, nests made with no eggs but if I dig around in the high part around the edge of the nest I usually find one or two eggs stashed there.

Back
Top Bottom