The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Seller told me my little flock of KCs were 3 ducks and 1 drake. Looks like they are all ducks.
Love them to bits and would like to have a drake to round out the group.
We are in the Inland Empire in Southern California. If anyone has too many KC drakes we would love to have one.

I have had chickens for 6 years now, and introduced a male and female khaki last spring. Today, I saw the drake mating a chicken. After googling a lot, and finding sex with a drake can kill a chicken, I would like to rehome them to a duck only household. Anyone in the Richmond VA area?

Last edited:
derbygirl1961:
I came into the same type of situation giving a home to a unwanted duck that was suppose to be a female chocolate runner duck. Then it was identified as a female Kaki which I did not matter to me and then it ended up being a male khaki which changed the game. Reading the same info I debated getting a couple of females which I did not want but giving him up was not an option. I only have hens and a mix of bantam and standard size hens. He had already been dumped once. Then in reading more there is no guarantee even if he had females that he would not try and mate with my chickens. So I checked with my parrots vet about neutering him and that is what I ended up doing. It was pricy at 355.00 but I could not bring myself to not holding to my commitment of giving him a home. Maybe I'm too much of a sucker but it is what it is. Now we all live in harmony and I loved that guy even more. He thinks he is a chicken. Tig and my chickens will age out together. Hope this helps maybe as an option.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry but recently two of my campbells have just started laying. Is it possible to tell from the egg colour whose egg it is?

The one in the rear is a drake. Look at the tail. The curled feathers on the back are drakes. His feathers curl on the duck in the rear of the pic.
To me, they also look like drakes with their particular feathers on the sides but I know it took us a very long time for us to tell the difference...the curled tail and the sounds are definite but takes a long time...they say the hen sounds like the AFLAC duck ! Ha Ha Our hen is smaller than the drake but our drake does have a yellow bill... you can see his curled tail feathers on the drake !!! She is lighter colored and does not have the dark feathers on her tail area....GOOD LUCK ...HOPE YOU GET ONE OF EACH !! HA HA

Last edited:
Looks like you have a Peking, Buff Orpington, and a Khaki Campbell all white egg layers so where did that blue egg come from?
They are all campbells, a white an apricot, and as you said the Khaki. We are unsure of which egg came from which duck but friends have told me that the blue is likely to have come from the apricot campbell.

Back
Top Bottom