The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

First time hatching ducklings have done quail, chickens and pheasants but never ducks. I bought 15 Khaki eggs and will get them today, any suggestions on hatching these out successfully? Excited to see these little buggers, and from what I was told from the breeder they are flighty and I’m ok with that. Lot’s of ponds and saltwater for them.

So like I said any suggestions would be appreciated. Should I incubate them on their sides or upright? not concerned with space in the incubator but I have baskets for my turner and also upright racks.

It took her until 1/17 to lay her first egg, but she has been laying one per day since then. I sure hope the younger girl decides to lay before she is 9 months old!

How much fun are you having?
My H-Bator came with instructions on hatching different types of eggs. I'm sure you can find detailed instructions for hatching duck eggs online..
I have 4 KCs 3 hens and 1 drake. Two have started laying. I'm having fun too!
Best of luck with your hatch.
Keep us updated,
DB in CA

First time hatching ducklings have done quail, chickens and pheasants but never ducks. I bought 15 Khaki eggs and will get them today, any suggestions on hatching these out successfully? Excited to see these little buggers, and from what I was told from the breeder they are flighty and I’m ok with that. Lot’s of ponds and saltwater for them.

So like I said any suggestions would be appreciated. Should I incubate them on their sides or upright? not concerned with space in the incubator but I have baskets for my turner and also upright racks.
If the eggs were shipped then incubate them standing up. If they are local eggs you can incubate either way.

I just set 21 Khaki Campbell eggs today. This will be my first time hatching duck eggs (unless I count the dozen clears I tried hatching a couple weeks ago that a neighbor gave me. haha), my first time hatching shipped eggs, and my first time hatching in my LG 9300. I am a little nervous. We should keep tabs on each others progress. All my eggs came from all the way across the country but were packed great. Some crazy air cells in several of them, so fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom