The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Update on my ducks, didn't get many out of the incubation, just 5 including one Buff Orpington. I've 16 ducks in total now and the duck which is sat on eggs is due tomorrow!

Last edited:

Our newest additions at 2.5wks having supervised playtime. The older girls are a year old this week.

They spent an hour or so with two fences between them, and then once the older ones had calmed down a bit I let them out to investigate the ducklings day-pen.

Last year we had issues with the neighbors cat stalking the ducklings, so even when it was warm enough for them to stay outside in the night-run overnight they still went in the day-pen when unsupervised. Now the older girls are big enough to chase the neighbours cat off, at what age should we let the little ones run loose?

Cheers,
Neil.

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me ID this baby. We found him/her abandoned at the pond we live next to :( We named him/her Razz. Very sweet and friendly, definitely was handled a lot by the previous owners.
We were thinking Cayuga or Black Swedish...but now I'm wondering if Razz is a Dark Khaki Campbell. We only have one Campbell, and she was a light one, so I can't tell. It would make more sense that Razz is a Campbell since TSC was selling Campbells not that long ago, and I don't know of any duck breeders around here for Black Swedish or Cayuga.
Any input is appreciated!

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me ID this baby. We found him/her abandoned at the pond we live next to :( We named him/her Razz. Very sweet and friendly, definitely was handled a lot by the previous owners.
We were thinking Cayuga or Black Swedish...but now I'm wondering if Razz is a Dark Khaki Campbell. We only have one Campbell, and she was a light one, so I can't tell. It would make more sense that Razz is a Campbell since TSC was selling Campbells not that long ago, and I don't know of any duck breeders around here for Black Swedish or Cayuga.
Any input is appreciated!

My guess would be either Cayuga or Black Indian. I have 16 Cayugas that looked just like that when they were babies. However, I also had a Blue Swedish that was completely black except for the bill.

These are our two khaki Campbell's.. still dont know gender. They are now 3 months old. I noticed their heads are getting a green hue & am in denial. Had one of our Peking try and mate with one so I hope for at least 1 hen. Can anyone help determine gender?

Good Morning Old Mission Chick,

We have 4 KC hens none of which have heads that dark but they do come in different shades and color distributions. I don't think I have ever seen one that matches the standard.

The quacking was the first indicator and of course a tail feather never appeared. Hoping for a drake I was not convinced until 4 eggs a day started appearing.

If you end up with an extra drake and are in So Cal my 4 girls could use a friend. -DB

Good Morning Old Mission Chick,  

We have 4 KC hens none of which have heads that dark but they do come in different shades and color distributions.  I don't think I have ever seen one that matches the standard.  

The quacking was the first indicator and of course a tail feather never appeared.  Hoping for a drake I was not convinced until 4 eggs a day started appearing.  

If you end up with an extra drake and are in So Cal my 4 girls could use a friend.  -DB

They dont have a normal quack either. A few of our Peking & Rouens are loud quackers (like a goose loud) and who I think are drakes sound froggy. These two are vocal but only half as loud and not really froggy. So I am stumped :-(
We are in Northern Michigan so not very close to So Cal :)

Back
Top Bottom