The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

My Pepper barely weighs anything! She's so light. Literally as a feather
gig.gif
and she can fly when she wants to.
wink.png

Don't know if you can tell by the pic but my drake is a hoss, probably 7ish pounds. His
gals are average though, and one of them is quite petite, probably similar to Lynss94's Pepper :)

Last edited:
Don't know if you can tell by the pic but my drake is a hoss, probably 7ish pounds. His
gals are average though, and one of them is quite petite, probably similar to Lynss94's Pepper
smile.png

Goodness, they're all so beautiful! I see ducks that look just like my girl! Aww so cute! What a handsome drake! I want my Pepper to have ducklings but I don't want a drake full time. I've heard they harass the ducks and she's so small and fragile.
sad.png

Where are you at in NC? I am in Oxford--north of Durham. I have a drake and six hens. Mike protects all the hens and they are braver with him near. Before I got him (he was a replacement for one I lost), the hens were going up in my coop at night (and making a MESS!), now they stay out. He doesn't harass, other than the play time in the pool.

Homesteadin--nice ducks! Love the picture!

Janelle

Where are you at in NC? I am in Oxford--north of Durham. I have a drake and six hens. Mike protects all the hens and they are braver with him near. Before I got him (he was a replacement for one I lost), the hens were going up in my coop at night (and making a MESS!), now they stay out. He doesn't harass, other than the play time in the pool.

Homesteadin--nice ducks! Love the picture!

Janelle

I am in the very center of NC! You're about 2.5 hours from me. My babies are scared of the dark too. They come inside at night actually. Even with just one female he wouldn't hurt her? I also have a female pekin and don't want to mix breed the two. Haha could make for some interesting ducklings.

I am in the very center of NC! You're about 2.5 hours from me. My babies are scared of the dark too. They come inside at night actually. Even with just one female he wouldn't hurt her? I also have a female pekin and don't want to mix breed the two. Haha could make for some interesting ducklings.

I have a couple Pekin and my campbells. I was considering letting them mix when they get to that point

If you do, take some photos of the babies. I would love to see them. Are you going to have a campbell drake mate with a pekin duck or vise versa?

I'm quite a ways out from that yet (they're only 8 weeks this thursday) but when it comes time I may do a bit of both. I have a pekin pair, and a campbell pair (plus 2 more campbells I think are males.) I'm hoping my pekin female will be able to since she has leg issues. Time will tell. I'll certainly take photos come that time though :)

I'm quite a ways out from that yet (they're only 8 weeks this thursday) but when it comes time I may do a bit of both. I have a pekin pair, and a campbell pair (plus 2 more campbells I think are males.) I'm hoping my pekin female will be able to since she has leg issues. Time will tell. I'll certainly take photos come that time though :)

My girls just turned 20 weeks yesterday. When did your females begin laying for you?

Back
Top Bottom