The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I think it's definitely a duck egg. I have Khakis, too.

Do you see how it's not as pointed at one end, and not as large at the other end? Duck eggs are more symmetrical than chicken eggs.

My khakis just started laying and right now their eggs are just like the one in the middle. They'll get a little bigger as laying gets established.

Looks like it could be a duck egg, kinda hard to tell for sure.

I'm sure that -like chickens- ducks start out with smaller eggs when they first begin laying. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mine are all at 16 weeks tomorrow so I need to start planning a bit for potential eggs. I think some of my boys may be starting to pick on each other a bit so it may be time to thin things out some :(

Unfortunately I do not have KC hens. BUT our other hens started off laying extremely small eggs and now laying xxl eggs

Since we are on the subject of eggs. For those of you who allow your ducks to free range, do you have an Easter egg hunt every morning, or have you managed to get them to lay in on place?

Since we are on the subject of eggs. For those of you who allow your ducks to free range, do you have an Easter egg hunt every morning, or have you managed to get them to lay in on place?
good question, thx for asking. I'm also curious about this as my ducks free range currently

It's an egg hunt though mine switch between four nests right now. Next summer they will more than likely use new spots though there are two they keep coming back to. As the days shorten I will start leaving them in the coop longer in the morning and they will lay in there. It is entertaining to watch the drake prance around continually rasping until his girls leave their nests.

Since we are on the subject of eggs.  For those of you who allow your ducks to free range, do you have an Easter egg hunt every morning, or have you managed to get them to lay in on place?

We lock ours up at night and they free roam during the day. So far they have already laid their eggs in the coop or run before we let them out around 7am.

Back
Top Bottom