The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

We have our ducks and chickens together and they seem fine. I will be honest we did have some drake on chicken action but nothing the ladies were not able to escape from. I have 9 kc's, 1 Cayuga and we had 6 hens down to 4 because of weezle and a rooster and we have never really had a problem

Can anybody confirm that this little one is indeed a khaki campbell? He was in a mixed breed bin at TSC that was only him, one other definite kc, and a bunch of pekins.

Here are my Juniper & Holly - I'm looking for a Khaki Drake to breed to them this year (and to cross to my Dark Campbell hens for sex-linked ducklings)! If you're in WI and have an extra, let me know! I LOVE these girls! They were two of my very first ducks - they got me hooked!

4387671995_21f2b1da29.jpg

And here are some of their eggs:
4389585729_962be6c568.jpg

4395874394_f74c4f862a.jpg

The HUGE egg in the middle was a double-yolker:
4395114077_8e60e14f09.jpg
They're SO pretty!!!

Quick question. The lady I am dealing with has 3 ducklings that are 2 weeks old. She asked me if I wanted those with some hatching eggs. Am I right to assume that the spread of age/size will be too much to put these age differences together until they are the same size?

Is there any way to sex a 2 week old duckling? Should the drake be a little larger than the females at that age?

Buying the chicks over hatching eggs gives me about a 5 week head start, but with that said I am a little concerned that the ducklings may be a little skittish of me being I am a stranger. I have had Pekins that stayed skittish and I always thought that maybe if I hatched them out that they would have thought of me as mom more than human. Is this correct? I also stand a better chance of getting the trio I am hoping for instead of gambling on it.

Thoughts, suggestions are appreciated. I am ready to get into the duck business- my chickens are being a pain lately.

Back
Top Bottom