The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

My last khaki disappeared yesterday
sad.png
I hope he comes back!!!

Oh boo that, I hope he comes back too. :-(

Duck or Drake
he is the biggest one in the bunch
they are all 16 weeks old

The other thing that makes me think drake is that black bean on his bill. My adult females have a soft brown bean that blends in with the colour of their beaks while my drake's bean is very obvious.

w

Well they finally did it they ran into the creek in my yard they loved it and they even came back out so now they think it's fun to runaway and go in the creek where I can't get them.But the minute I walk away they scream and come right out lookin for me.

My khakis are all hens and have dark heads. Some khakis arw darker than others. I will have to upload pics. Mine are1 year old.

Soooo .. yesterday and today I had to put the girls out early because I had to work at 6am (so they went out at 5am compared to their normal 7am)

Yesterday they were in shock at being so rudely ousted from bed and didn't lay any eggs.

Today I found this ..

see the yellow arrow .. this is a pile of branches that a nasty wind blew off the neighbour's trees into our yard and we piled them for burning when we have a fire in the fire pit later in the year.

sneaky, sneaky girls .. I'm was tempted to leave the eggs and see if anyone will set on them but I caved and brought them in.

Soooo .. yesterday and today I had to put the girls out early because I had to work at 6am (so they went out at 5am compared to their normal 7am) Yesterday they were in shock at being so rudely ousted from bed and didn't lay any eggs. Today I found this .. see the yellow arrow .. this is a pile of branches that a nasty wind blew off the neighbour's trees into our yard and we piled them for burning when we have a fire in the fire pit later in the year. sneaky, sneaky girls .. I'm was tempted to leave the eggs and see if anyone will set on them but I caved and brought them in.
That gives me some 'Ideas' to try for some nest boxes.....Thanks for sharing that!!

That gives me some 'Ideas' to try for some nest boxes.....Thanks for sharing that!!

Would love to see what you come up with.

I'm thinking like this but duck sized. Just stick some willow branches in the dirt and bend them over, a little weaving and voila .. they'll sprout and then it's just a matter of keeping the inside pruned.

Last edited:
Would love to see what you come up with. I'm thinking like this but duck sized. Just stick some willow branches in the dirt and bend them over, a little weaving and voila .. they'll sprout and then it's just a matter of keeping the inside pruned.
Whoa!!....not that elaborate and High maintenance....LOL!!....getting materials together to get started on the 'Quack Shack' and will post plenty of pics....then will get the 'Cluck Hut' assembled....with 14 ducks and 9 chicks coming on 6/8 there isn't much time to Waste....will be Busy here at Lazy A Acres....LOL!!

Whoa!!....not that elaborate and High maintenance....LOL!!....getting materials together to get started on the 'Quack Shack' and will post plenty of pics....then will get the 'Cluck Hut' assembled....with 14 ducks and 9 chicks coming on 6/8 there isn't much time to Waste....will be Busy here at Lazy A Acres....LOL!!

Oh .. I wasn't thinking of a whole coop made that way, I was just thinking of doing the live willow shelter for a couple of small nesting boxes in the yard so they would hopefully lay their eggs in a clean, dry place and i wouldn't have to go hunting for them. Usually they lay their eggs in the morning before I let them out of the coop but on the days I work early morning (only 2) they end up laying outside because they are being put out too early.

Well I'm thinking of covering some boxes with some branches and 'Hands' of hay tied together then 'Fanned Out' to give them a natural and secure feel to the boxes to Encourage them using the boxes.....will keep ya posted on the success of it all...LOL

Back
Top Bottom