The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Can anybody tell if I have a drake or not

Here they are. Will be 6 weeks monday. (The khakis will) runners are a week younger
We bought some feeder fish for them to catch today. They loved it!
Paul- the drake
Little foot and gertrude the girls :)

Last edited:
Can't tell from your pictures but in addition to the voice the drakes get a curly feather at the top of their tail and their feet are orange as opposed to the girls' darker feet. Can't recall at what age this happens.

I

Can anybody tell if I have a drake or not

I'm with Ducks4us we really need a photo of their backs -the area above the tail. If I had to guess I would guess two drakes based on how orange the legs are on the front one and the round jaw line of the second -but I am just guessing! If either is a girl they should start going through a voice change any day now. To me it sounded like a change from chick peeping to a bad squeaky toy sound.

I think we might have a drake
2639.png
which stinks cause I think we paid extra for sexed ducklings. One is darker, has a curled tail feather, and is starting to make a weird noise (which I think might be a drake noise)

I think we might have a drake
2639.png
which stinks cause I think we paid extra for sexed ducklings. One is darker, has a curled tail feather, and is starting to make a weird noise (which I think might be a drake noise)

How old are they? I cant remember... i was thinking yours are younger than mine?
They dont get a curly tail feather till they are older. I think like 4-5 months old if i remember right.
If its making a different noise its prob a girl.
Boys dont start making different voices for a while. They just get quieter sounding at first. And its like a froggy/raspy sound. Much quieter than the girls.
Do you have pictures.
My boy does have darker back feathers above tail.
But this wasnt noticable till around 5 weeks i think.

Back
Top Bottom