The List: 10 Dangers of owning chickens. PLEASE BEAWARE!

thumbsup.gif

Great Thread! And SO true!!

Just think what all the "normal" people without chickens are missing!!!!! I wouldn't tell them, except I keep bragging on my chickens - like a parent or grandparent. Hey, maybe I need to start a "brag book"!
lol.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS
big_smile.png
I am going to print it out for everyone to see!!!

I have only had my 4 babies for a little over 6 weeks now and I know I have the disease!! As a matter of fact number 7 just happened to me yesterday, when I was showing my inlaws my awesome girls, and how much they all love me and come sit on my lap whenever I visit them. They all thought I was crazy...well they already know that...but I was thrilled to get my chickie snuggles. Besides what's a little poo between friends
smile.png
Oh..I forgot to mention...my inlaws also arrived with a baby monitor in hand as a special surprise because they knew I would love one for my chicken coop. Help?

1. OMG, this is SO me! Feed stores, and now incubators! PLUS feed stores now and then!!!

2. True, too true. Oh well, you can't take it with you!

3. No chicks in the mail, but HATCHING EGGS, you betcha!

4. Yes, I have plans for them, too!

5. No human companion or significant other, but the dogs are definitely jealous.

6. Hmmmm.... not sure I do this yet. However, I do use the word "who" (not "which" as in, Who do you think laid this egg, not Which one laid this?) Plus, the other day my best friend interrupted me on the phone with, "Did you just say "people" when you said they were at the back door?" Uhhhh.. yes, the short, feathered people who want me to come outside with some treats.

7. Yup, I do this.

8. You got that right!

9. Aha! I don't suffer from this one! Eggs are a bonus; I don't care when they start laying. But I AM jazzed when they do.

10. See #9 above - yup, and the neighbors do hear me.

Wow, never thought keeping chickens would be so dangerous.
wink.png

These are soooo good and most are true!

I go out every afternoon and sit w/ my girls while they do their 'free-range' stuff! One day, my sister calls and I am talking to her while 'checking' on my babies...I started sweet-talking to them and they went wild w/ their singing, chripping and my sister said 'what on earth is going on'...I said "my babies want to talk to their auntie''... She said ' I worry about you'! LOL BUT all of you understand...

Today, my beloved husband helped me move the glider over to the coop so I can watch them and be comfortable!

Back
Top Bottom