The Lone Duck

Gorgeous. Hard to say just looking at the pictures female legs are set close together and Drake's legs are far apart. Since this Muscovy is already flying and caruncles aren't so noticeable most likely a female that has either flown away from her home or has been dumped which happens a lot more than we would like to see. To be so friendly I think she was someone's pet. She isn't part of this flock that lives there so she is an outcast. Hopefully, she will be accepted just hard to know for sure but she has found a haven with you. I have a pup now that is a retriever and am going through the training of teaching him the ducks chickens and goose are part of our family. No way will he be allowed to run loose with them for many months but hopefully eventually he will see them as part of our family so at least when I am with them all he can be too without being on a leash. If you can get a picture of her front view of her whole body we can say for sure female.

Same here as I've been told it's probably the only breed of duck that won't go down to the stream and swim away like other breeds would.

Gorgeous. Hard to say just looking at the pictures female legs are set close together and Drake's legs are far apart. Since this Muscovy is already flying and caruncles aren't so noticeable most likely a female that has either flown away from her home or has been dumped which happens a lot more than we would like to see. To be so friendly I think she was someone's pet. She isn't part of this flock that lives there so she is an outcast. Hopefully, she will be accepted just hard to know for sure but she has found a haven with you. I have a pup now that is a retriever and am going through the training of teaching him the ducks chickens and goose are part of our family. No way will he be allowed to run loose with them for many months but hopefully eventually he will see them as part of our family so at least when I am with them all he can be too without being on a leash. If you can get a picture of her front view of her whole body we can say for sure female.
I was holding my dogs harness leash and the duck was standing on the table, he kept and was able to get a mouthful of feathers, thank goodness only feathers! Please tall me how you’re training your dogs, as mine even injured and being held onto was able to attack. It’s a Boykin spaniel…so is his brother who doesn’t so much as even acknowledge the duck. It’s definitely staying here practically all day and only goes to the lake for some tadpoles and comes back.
Thanks!!!🙏

Attachments

• IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    650.5 KB · Views: 1
I was holding my dogs harness leash and the duck was standing on the table, he kept and was able to get a mouthful of feathers, thank goodness only feathers! Please tall me how you’re training your dogs, as mine even injured and being held onto was able to attack. It’s a Boykin spaniel…so is his brother who doesn’t so much as even acknowledge the duck. It’s definitely staying here practically all day and only goes to the lake for some tadpoles and comes back.
Thanks!!!🙏
Boykin spaniels are bred for hunting ducks.

I don't know why one does attack and the other doesn't but this is going to be work for you. Here's an EXCELLENT article from @friednotscrambled who did it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom