The Middle Tennessee Thread

I'm looking for a man named Wayne who is in Auburntown TN his wife's name is Dorris they sell silkies and showgirls as well as other breeds of chicken!
I considered him a friend till he knowing took all my chickens, their supplies and 4 hovabators!l While i was in the hospital! he has stolen my birds and my Chinese crested dogs!
Contact me @ [email protected]

Please I ask him nicely just to return the dog and he could keep about 2000-3000 thousand in chickens and supplies!

OH TISH! That is so sad! I hope you get your stuff back. I hope you are better! What is the matter with people! I hope you get him and he is arrested. I hate a thief!

Glad to see you again on here... you should visit us more often.

Ok Donna, i'ma need some chicks. Right after I get my run done. I'ma need 2 CCL, 2 SBEL, 2 Blue CM & maybe an orp. Think you can do that? It'll be bout a month or longer if I keep having to work weekends & daily overtime. I'm looking at 20 hours ot over 2 weeks. To bad the government gets most of it.

I can do that if the CCL eggs are fertile and hatch. I have about 8 so far this week to set so we will see.

I'm also in Springfield not far from Walmart. I'm out toward barren plains once a week or so. Troy my brother decided to build an incubator so I'll let you know how it tuns out

I've pretty much decided that if we are destined to have chicks hatched around here, it's going to be by way of a broody hen...LOL. Who knows...crazy chicken ladies (currently with no chickens) have been known to change their minds now and then... I totally hope it works out for him!
fl.gif

That is NO HUTCH! Nice job!
LOL...I guess I should rephrase that. The left side is the 8X6 lean-to that I am putting my hutches under! And the 8X32ish run (which will be off the right side of the coop) is going to be divided down the center (4X32) with a chicken door for each half so that I can sow seed and have a bit of "controlled pasturing" alternating each side for the little ladies. This should give them fresh greens continually with out constant decimation of the run. I am also experimenting with making fodder at the moment so that they will still have fresh sprouts in the winter months. My neighbor looooves the experimenting right now, because his goats are getting the fodder treats since I have no chickens at the moment...LOL. AND...I have started seeds in the house for chicken/human friendly herbs and flowers to plant all the way around the outside of the run. The humans have the herbal benefits of whatever is growing on the outside, and the chickens get to munch on whatever grows through the fencing! It's win/win!

Has anyone else tried a "rotating" pasture/run like this? I'm trying to give them the free range experience without the actual free range...seeing as my dogs LOVE the taste of chicken...they took out at least 4 of my 9 chickens I had last year!
hit.gif
I'm also pretty big into herbals, so I think our animals should eat and be "medicated" as healthy as we are! No chemicals please! I just have a few more "not-so-common" herb seeds to buy and that part will be done. If anyone else is into herbals, maybe we can swap some seeds? Let me know!
big_smile.png

Our new chicken coop/rabbit hutch in the making! The men are supposed to be hammering on this some more this weekend! I can't wait to have eggs again! 8X6 HUTCH, 8X6 COOP, AND 8X32 RUN. I can't wait!

I'll take two please, send them on over as soon as they finish yours, tell 'em to pick up lumber etc en route & I'll feed them lunch ;P
Seriously, that is going to be one NICE set up!

I'll take two please, send them on over as soon as they finish yours, tell 'em to pick up lumber etc en route & I'll feed them lunch ;P
Seriously, that is going to be one NICE set up!
Awww...thanks, Y'all! My two neighbors, my son, and my DH (when he's home) are working on this for me. I'm not allowed to lift or stretch (or walk basically...LOL) so I gave them my "specifics" of what I wanted out of it, and the neighbor put his thought process into it, and this is where we ended up! The main neighbor who is working on this told me to feel free to share, and he would be more than happy to "talk chicken" with anyone who needs a coop built. It's definitely not an overnight project with everyone of us holding outside jobs...LOL. It has been exciting to watch it take shape though!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom