The Middle Tennessee Thread

Question;
I've got a blue Am hen who lays small, inch to inch and 1/2 long eggs, without a yolk. This has been going on all spring, she never laid last fall like her sister. I keep waiting for the eggs to get bigger, but so far no luck. Donna, anyone, have you guys experienced this before?
idunno.gif

Question;
I've got a blue Am hen who lays small, inch to inch and 1/2 long eggs, without a yolk. This has been going on all spring, she never laid last fall like her sister. I keep waiting for the eggs to get bigger, but so far no luck. Donna, anyone, have you guys experienced this before?
idunno.gif

Never seen that here..... that is very odd. How long has she been laying? Usually the yolk would have showed up pretty quick..... very strange. You could sell her to someone with a cholesterol problem so they can have fresh egg WHITES LOL.

Question;
I've got a blue Am hen who lays small, inch to inch and 1/2 long eggs, without a yolk.  This has been going on all spring, she never laid last fall like her sister.  I keep waiting for the eggs to get bigger, but so far no luck.  Donna, anyone, have you guys experienced this before?
:idunno

Strange... never heard of that before... have Am's laying too, but all normal... :/

Never seen that here..... that is very odd.  How long has she been laying?  Usually the yolk would have showed up pretty quick..... very strange.  You could sell her to someone with a cholesterol problem so they can have fresh egg WHITES LOL. 

Good idea! My Jim should be eating those, but he loves the yolks, lol... :D

I have one doing that too. It's weird. We have had the occasional "wind egg" before, but never this consistently. I save them all because they are cool. I maybe have five from the 7 years I've had chickens. This AM has laid six or so in the last month. I keep thinking she'll figure it out and start laying normal eggs, but I found another one this afternoon.
At least they're cool looking. :)

Question;
idunno.gif
They are called fart eggs or rooster eggs and usually only happen when a pullet first starts laying….never heard of it lasting this long.

Here are our almost 7 week old Australorps from TSC. I think we might have lucked out and only got 1 roo, which is fine by us! Any other opinions on the gender?
Nice % of pullets! I am tending to agree on only one roo so far... I would keep an eye on the photobomber in bottom pic tho, that one seems to have a lot of pink, but could just be the pic... I have seen sometimes too that the more dominate young roo will develop his comb quicker than any other boys, had a couple I thought were pullets end up being roos... But I think you might have gotten very lucky, definitely only 1 for sure roo... :)

I have one doing that too. It's weird. We have had the occasional "wind egg" before, but never this consistently. I save them all because they are cool. I maybe have five from the 7 years I've had chickens. This AM has laid six or so in the last month. I keep thinking she'll figure it out and start laying normal eggs, but I found another one this afternoon.
At least they're cool looking.
smile.png

here is a pic of the aformentioned eggs....she just keeps laying them, they never get any larger....weird!

Back
Top Bottom