The Middle Tennessee Thread

Anyone know where I can get a silkie chick
in these area nashville Clarksville Springfield Ashland city or any areas in between?

I've gotten silkie eggs from Grumpy Goats before and got some really nice chickens:) The silkie in my profile pic came from one of their eggs.

I talked with a Lady shopping in TSC looking for Guineas in Chatt area, does anyone know who I posted with here who raises guineas- from delano, TN?

That would be me. I have over 200 guinea eggs in the incubators right now and setting another 200 today. My fist batch should be next week, with the large batches hatching out in around 3 weeks. I will have plenty of Keets shortly.

sent PM to you!
I must add my sister has be pleased with the hatching eggs she had shipped from DMrippy. Out of 26 eggs sent(4 were extras) 21 were fertilized, out of those she is broody a whopping 15 so far for her 1st hatch! She is so surprised, they were racing around before they were dry- I told her I had heard great things about Donna's chickens, she's sending anyone who asks to her, me too-I'm just the chicken keeper.

Who has given chicks to broody girls? I broke up a broody hen last year, but now I've got another but I just so happen to have some chicks. I stuck one under her yesterday, but it escaped and went back to the brooder with the other chicks. If I stick another chick(s) under her, then what? Do I pull her out of the general population with the chicks, or move the chicks and her into their own box into the big coop?

Anyone have any (successful) experience with giving chicks to a broody?

I've given chicks to a broody hen, wait till dark and sneak them under her. Be sure she is alone with them, not with the other adult chooks, in a separate pen. Usually this works, but watch the first day to be sure she doesn't turn on them....

Back
Top Bottom