The Middle Tennessee Thread

What are the prices of these various non-gmo feeds that are available in Mid-TN?  I'm still looking for quality feed for my chickens that isn't crazy expensive.

I've also had friends in other areas tell me they get amish chicken feed for $17/100 lbs!  Does anyone know if there are amish in TN, ideally somewhat near Mid-TN that sell chicken feed at similar prices?  Any mills that sell direct that have good prices?

Thanks!!

I bet you can find some down in the Lewis/Lawrence/Wayne Co. area. For $17/100 lb I would make the drive too.

What are the prices of these various non-gmo feeds that are available in Mid-TN?  I'm still looking for quality feed for my chickens that isn't crazy expensive.

I've also had friends in other areas tell me they get amish chicken feed for $17/100 lbs!  Does anyone know if there are amish in TN, ideally somewhat near Mid-TN that sell chicken feed at similar prices?  Any mills that sell direct that have good prices?

Thanks!!

Johnnie Taylor is as close as I can find. He is in the middle of Amish country! Ethridge TN, 16 dollars for a 50 lb bag or 90 dollars for 300 lbs. They deliver occasionally.

Quote:
I get my Tuckers at Bonnies Barnyard in Arrington. IDK how far that is but might be closer to you. It is pellets for the free range and layer. The chick starter is not a mash like Edwards it is like that bran cereal ... not powder but has some substance. I think the 22% sells for like $12 or less and the chick starter is about the same. The free range is like $9. I don't buy anything else so not sure on other prices. Call them they are great and will help you with personality.

I get my Tuckers at Bonnies Barnyard in Arrington.  IDK how far that is but might be closer to you.  It is pellets for the free range and layer.  The chick starter is not a mash like Edwards it is like that bran cereal ... not powder but has some substance.  I think the 22% sells for like $12 or less and the chick starter is about the same.  The free range is like $9.  I don't buy anything else so not sure on other prices.  Call them they are great and will help you with personality. 

Wow! That's much better than internet prices. Is that for 50lb bags?

What are the prices of these various non-gmo feeds that are available in Mid-TN? I'm still looking for quality feed for my chickens that isn't crazy expensive.

I've also had friends in other areas tell me they get amish chicken feed for $17/100 lbs! Does anyone know if there are amish in TN, ideally somewhat near Mid-TN that sell chicken feed at similar prices? Any mills that sell direct that have good prices?

Thanks!!
The cheapest Just comparing Layer is Scottsville KY, there are two amish mills competing with each other. At around $8 per 50lb bag.Tucker runs around $13, Johnnie around $14 but cheaper if you buy in bulk not bagged. Smith County is 14.20 min order 1 ton. Smith County will store it for you if you like so you can pickup what you need, when you need it til its gone.

OMG. I called Edwards and the lady who answered acted like she'd never heard of it and the guy she asked wanted to know who was asking and she said, "I don't know. A lady." The phone went silent for long enough for me to think she'd hung up and then just beeped repeatedly like the call had been transferred. Finally she came back on and said, "Yes, we have it". Is there a secret handshake or a code word involved? Do they not sell feed every single day?

Back
Top Bottom