The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote: It has 2 egg turners and room for maybe two more. A 225 watt incukit and digital hydrometer. I have a on/off switch for the turners. You could set 123 + eggs at one time. The cabinet measures 21" deep 21" wide and 38" tall. Here is another photo of the back the 4 plug box is for the egg turners.

Hey guys!I had a question about leghorns.I have been seeing a lot of revies saying that they aren't that friendly.Or is it the leghorn roosters that are mean?I was planning to get some white leghorns hens this year.Thanks!

I'm not a pro but this is what I have learned trading with the public
White Leghorns lay white eggs and if you want to sell eggs most people want brown eggs
If you want to sell your old ones for soup White don't sell good

I don't think the Roos are all bad,maybe an occasional meanie. The main dislike for the leghorn breed is that they are so flighty ,meaning wild! Sometimes they tame down. If they are free range they are usually not bad but if you get them cornered or have them in lockup, they co crazy when you get near them. They do come in an amassing assortment of colors tho and of course are great layers.

Hey guys!I had a question about leghorns.I have been seeing a lot of revies saying that they aren't that friendly.Or is it the leghorn roosters that are mean?I was planning to get some white leghorns hens this year.Thanks!

I have white leghorns, I LOVE THEM. I will never not have white leghorns. If you want lots and lots of BIG EGGS (Jumbo) from pullets no less..... WL are your bird. Mine are not flighty. They are not mean either. All roos have a job to do and I don't see WL with any different temperament than any other breed.

I have heard that most people don't want white eggs, they want brown.... so it just depends on what you want them for. I don't sell eating eggs. I can sell WL pullets no problem. I have a roo guy so he is not picky about his birds colors for dinner.

I personally like all the colors. That is why I crossed my Ams with my WL to make Super Blue Egg Layers (BIG BLUE EGGS AND LOTS OF THEM)
wink.png
Birds are still white.

Hello, I'm new to the site and soon to be new to chickens. I'm in the East Tennessee area and occasionally travel to Middle Tennessee. We are in the process of getting a coop and would like to get some chicks in the very near future. I was hoping to find someone in Middle or East Tennessee that could supply our birds. We leaning towards getting Rocks. Anyone out there have some good local suggestions for Rocks. Thanks. Don

Hello, I'm new to the site and soon to be new to chickens. I'm in the East Tennessee area and occasionally travel to Middle Tennessee. We are in the process of getting a coop and would like to get some chicks in the very near future. I was hoping to find someone in Middle or East Tennessee that could supply our birds. We leaning towards getting Rocks. Anyone out there have some good local suggestions for Rocks. Thanks. Don
Welcome to BYC ...I wouldn't think Rocks would be too hard find. I know we have a couple chicken enablers here somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom