The Middle Tennessee Thread

nice lookin there littlechicklet , do you have any for sale? Price per chick? I like blues, I miss both my blue marans & especially those dark eggs

Thank you and no problem I get confused too. I don't have any for sale; all of mine are too young. I am going to do my first test breeding this spring but will be retaining them as of now.

Same here, no power out on the farm. BUT, the KMart and BigLots after Christmas 70% mark-downs allowed the solar lawn lights with snowflakes to only be 50-cents each. Mom grabbed a whole bunch.
Yeah, I used the solar lights right outside the coop besides the step so no one misses it, not much sun lately though....LOL

Ok I got permission to give out the number to get boxes , 545-1705 the guys name is Johnathon. Or you can call Ridgetop mowers @ 855-0044 the mower place gets the boxes from Johnathon. You can fit 4 boxes in a full size pickup with the tailgate down & a couple of ratchet straps.
Ridgetop Mowers relocated this year. Not sure if the box crates went to that new location or are elsewhere.

Or, you can contact the company that gives them out for FREE. Johnson Electric, 755 Bill Jones Industiral Drive, Springfield, TN, 37172

The boxes are made in Italy, shipped here with automotive car "clean" parts and then placed outside for the public. You must first talk with Bruce or Bobby to have them. Just go to the side shipping door next to the little open fenced enclosure and ring the buzzer. Bruce will even help load them with a fork-lift for you too if you arrive in the morning on his shift.

We have about 30 of these full crated beautiful boxes now on our farm. Check out my photo gallery here too. We made coops, brooders, and animal stables with them. Can't beat the price either.

One of the box crates at the end of a chicken tractor ...

12 box crates to make goat stables ...

My avatar showing the inside of the brooder box crate. Just drill a 1-in hole in the top for the heat-lamp. Use an outside thermoitor to help with the sliding the top open/closed to keep the temps nice (easy) ...

Our neighbor down the road made this 6-hen type coop from one of the crate boxes and two lids. He's really into making things ...

Others have used the box crates since August to late December building hunting stand enclosures too.

Here's a pix prior to finishing the goat stable. Or maybe a chicken coop if you are handy with a hammer, saw and some paint ...

Last edited:
Those are perfect! I wish it was not soooo far from me. Anyone going to get any between me and them with extra room? I would love to have a bunch of them!

Ridgetop Mowers relocated this year. Not sure if the box crates went to that new location or are elsewhere. Or, you can contact the company that gives them out for FREE. Johnson Electric, 755 Bill Jones Industiral Drive, Springfield, TN, 37172 The boxes are made in Italy, shipped here with automotive car "clean" parts and then placed outside for the public. You must first talk with Bruce or Bobby to have them. Just go to the side shipping door next to the little open fenced enclosure and ring the buzzer. Bruce will even help load them with a fork-lift for you too if you arrive in the morning on his shift. We have about 30 of these full crated beautiful boxes now on our farm. Check out my photo gallery here too. We made coops, brooders, and animal stables with them. Can't beat the price either. One of the box crates at the end of a chicken tractor ... 12 box crates to make goat stables ... My avatar showing the inside of the brooder box crate. Just drill a 1-in hole in the top for the heat-lamp. Use an outside thermoitor to help with the sliding the top open/closed to keep the temps nice (easy) ... Our neighbor down the road made this 6-hen type coop from one of the crate boxes and two lids. He's really into making things ... Others have used the box crates since August to late December building hunting stand enclosures too. Here's a pix prior to finishing the goat stable. Or maybe a chicken coop if you are handy with a hammer, saw and some paint ...
Wow I had thought of useing these for a coop but never occured to me to do it like the goat houses. Ridgetop mower is on the corner of bill jones industrial Dr. & 41 or dickerson rd. In springfield. Do you live up this way BMaverick? I didnt realize where they were getting them from.Thanks

Becky here is the bator with the plexi doors in place. I am like a kid in a candy shop at the hardware store and in all my excitement I ran off and forgot the stinkin handles for the plexi.

DH went up the hill to collect eggs for me before dark in the ice cold mist.

Brought me back these:

yep, those are NOT eggs, those are 7 newborn pot belly piglets...
ok & 4 eggs, one of which was cracked, but we'll not complain about that ; >
Hope everyone has a good Valentines tomorrow

DH went up the hill to collect eggs for me before dark in the ice cold mist.

Brought me back these:

yep, those are NOT eggs, those are 7 newborn pot belly piglets...
ok & 4 eggs, one of which was cracked, but we'll not complain about that ; >
Hope everyone has a good Valentines tomorrow

Those are too cute !

Back
Top Bottom