The Middle Tennessee Thread

I know this is a chicken thread, but my interests spreads over all criiters.

I just got a teddy bear hamster male from my cousin. I am looking for a female does anyone know of anybody in White or Putnum county that raises them. If so, I would greatly apprecate it.

Thanks

I'd been complaining that my girls had gone from laying every day to nothing for the past 3 days.....tonight when putting them up I noticed one came out of the smaller coop that they used as babies and now use to dust bathe in the bottom, just of singing like crazy. So I checked the upper level and found 11 eggs!! They never in 9 months have laid in there, what's wrong with the nice expensive nesting boxes in the big coop.....geeeesssseee!!!

I had a hamster once. Let's just say I make sure my animals have fresh water EVERYDAY now.

I haven't gotten to the laying stage yet, but I already figured out that chickens do some crazy weird things sometimes. It should be anyday now that I get some eggs. I consider myself an eggspert on incubating and raising baby chicks and building things. I can't even remember how many I've incubated, brooded, dispersed to the Amish, bought, etc. I don't know how many I currently have either. It's a good thing I have 4 human children and a very hungry husband, cause they're gonna be eating lots of eggs when the chickens finally do lay them. And I'm sure it'll make the neighbors happy.

Hey yall,

Which farmer's markets are worth going to? Anyone ever go to the springfield one on 41N?

The Sprinfield one on US-41 at the fair grounds is a hit-or-miss for selection. Not all farmers show up every weekend. Also, that market is not geared to prevent produce from outher countries nor other areas of the country being sold. So, it's really no different than going to Krogers. Anyone can show up basically and open their trunk to sell food goods. Plus, there is nothing to say that anything is organic, natural, nor non-GMO other there. Now, down in Nashville there are a few FMs with good guidlines and a really great one in Bowling Green. The BG one is non-GMO, organic and all produce must come in from within 50 miles or less. That BG is extremely popular on the Homestading forums, the Natural Living Forums and the Nashville Organic group. Some of the KY organic CSAs that have over abundance offer their items there too. Those CSA farms are certified organic.

Back
Top Bottom