The Middle Tennessee Thread

There is a place southwest of Columbia. I can't remember the city. It's called Parham Farms. They breed gorgeous nigerian dwsrfs and la manchas. All are bred for milk production. All are registered as well. Try googling their website znd see what you think.
Thanks - I actually had stumbled across their website before. Absolute cuties, but EXPENSIVE. (Same thing w/that breeder outside Selmer.) I think we're going to have issues b/c we want the assurance of a healthy animal, but really don't really want/need a superior milker/show goat. Thanks!

Thanks - I actually had stumbled across their website before.  Absolute cuties, but EXPENSIVE.  (Same thing w/that breeder outside Selmer.)  I think we're going to have issues b/c we want the assurance of a healthy animal, but really don't really want/need a superior milker/show goat.  Thanks!

We are sold out of kids for this year but will have some next year... We have pure Nigerians and Nigerian/Pygmy crosses.

I just got all my new chicks are settled in their brooder. A BIG THANK YOU to Donna. She sent me home with 11 chicks. I got a BLRW , a blacklrw, 2 Leghorns, 2 olive eggers, a blue barred rock, 2 silkies, a odd red colored marans, & a really dark marans ( nor sure of the color)
I got to meet Mattlock, very nice guy. Good luck with the eggs.
Thank you again Donna. I'll get to work on your design for the hatcher soon.

I just got all my new chicks are settled in their brooder. A BIG THANK YOU to Donna. She sent me home with 11 chicks. I got a BLRW , a blacklrw, 2 Leghorns, 2 olive eggers, a blue barred rock, 2 silkies, a odd red colored marans, & a really dark marans ( nor sure of the color)
I got to meet Mattlock, very nice guy. Good luck with the eggs.
Thank you again Donna. I'll get to work on your design for the hatcher soon.

You are VERY WELCOME! IF you need more let me know.
lol.png
I still think the dark egg layer is a Marans.

I think you got a Black and 2 Blue Olive Eggers.... they have pea combs. I don't think we got a Marans.... or did you? IDK. You are going to love the LEGHORNS! You will be back for more.... I promise.

I redid the plastic in one brooder and cleaned and moved 2 sets of brooders. Tomorrow I will clean the last one and move the babies out to the BIG SHOP. I also tagged some chicks that can go.... found several more Olive Egger pullets and a few roos that need to go. I bet the few roos will turn into lots of roos when I move the babies out to the big shop.

We'll see I go to Becky's next weekend. If I come home with to many birds I may have to move into your shop. My wife has acused me of having ocd obsessive chicken disorder. I don't know what she's talking about :lol:

We'll see I go to Becky's next weekend. If I come home with to many birds I may have to move into your shop. My wife has acused me of having ocd obsessive chicken disorder. I don't know what she's talking about
lol.png

How can you have too many chickens? I don't know anyone with too many chickens... do you?
hide.gif
I am not there yet, but I am getting close..... well maybe a few hundred more and I will have enough LOL.... KIDDING!

Thanks for everything Donna. I have them in the bator now. I hope they do ok. I moved the bator around and a couple times and it seems to have a flaw in the wiring somewhere. Guess we'll see how it looks in the morning. The firemen told us it got about 1200 degrees in the house, but I think the styrofoam protected the innerds of the incubator.
They are stacked in there deep right now. I can't wait to get back home and set back up.
Also, it was good to meet tintennessee today. Lot's of good folks on this thread.

Thanks for everything Donna. I have them in the bator now. I hope they do ok. I moved the bator around and a couple times and it seems to have a flaw in the wiring somewhere. Guess we'll see how it looks in the morning. The firemen told us it got about 1200 degrees in the house, but I think the styrofoam protected the innerds of the incubator.
They are stacked in there deep right now. I can't wait to get back home and set back up.
Also, it was good to meet tintennessee today. Lot's of good folks on this thread.
I did get some cleaning done... but not all. Hubby is going to help me tomorrow then we will be done for a few days and can work on the house again
fl.gif
apparently we are moving in June too....
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom