The Middle Tennessee Thread

Well mom left a few hours ago. A farm has RI Reds that just started laying. The have them for $10 each. She just got the last 4 tonight. From what I heard, there were a few hundred. Looks like the RI Red population in our area is making a big come back.

Now it's my turn. I got to build on to the coop for the added tenants.
D.gif
Dad is too busy messing with the tractor since it's not running at all.

I'm in east tn but thought I'd join this thread if that's ok since I spend a lot if time in middle tn and have a lot of customers there.
We raise RC HRIR, Rhodebars and SFH... In addition to Italian maremma which we use for guardians. Looking forward to meeting other TN poultry breeders.

Any squirrel fanatics out there? These two fell from a tree. I had them hanging in a bucket with heat packs from the tree for 2 days and mom never came to get them...They are drinking from a syringe now. I am so afraid I am going to lose them.

In other news- I think one of our thread members is going to be coming to get some geese soon

Walden's puddle will take them. If I didn't already have a gazillion pets, I would love to take them! They are adorable. Do you ever come close to Nashville? I could meet you halfway and take them there for you.

Hello , I live Southeast of Murfreesboro and I am looking for a Chocolate turkey tom. Anyone know where I could get one?

My father-in -law has a couple of the brown and white tom turkeys is this what your looking for? I will have to ask him if he wants to sell one & what he wants for it. My husband and me will be comming through Murfreesboro on 9/12 .

try the exotic animal auction in Cookeville thursday-Saturday Sept 7th I think.

someone got more info? anybody going? buying selling? think I will give it a go.

You may already know this on the baby squirrels but.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER FEED COW'S MILK, WHIPPING CREAM, WALMART FORMULA BRANDS, EVAPORATED MILK OR HUMAN INFANT FORMULA TO A SQUIRREL!
These contain WAY too much lactose for squirrels, and have only a 4% to 6% fat content. Squirrels require 30% to 40% fat content in their diet!
The ABSOLUTE BEST choices of formula for infant squirrels are Esbilac or GOAT'S MILK ESBILAC. These are puppy’s milk replacers, and closely resemble the components of squirrel's mother's milk. They are made by Pet-Ag and available at Pets-Mart, PetCo and Tractor Supply. Some Vet offices keep a supply on hand. UPCO usually has the best price if you order online www.upco.com or phone/mail order at (800) 254-8726. 1- 12 oz can of the powder should be enough to raise 1 squirrel to weaning age. The mixing ratio is 3 to 1; 1 part formula powder to 3 parts water. Formula is only good for 72 hours after it is reconstituted or mixed, then the vitamin and minerals will begin to evaporate, so mix small amounts accordingly.

http://www.arcforwildlife.com/squirrels.htm

My father-in -law has a couple of the brown and white tom turkeys is this what your looking for? I will have to ask him if he wants to sell one & what he wants for it. My husband and me will be comming through Murfreesboro on 9/12 .[/quot

Hello and thank you. What i am looking for is an actual breed called Chocolate. I have 5 that are 4 to 5 months old but apparently are all hens. I would actually like to find 2 toms if possible because i would like to give a pair to my friend's son.

You may already know this on the baby squirrels but.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER FEED COW'S MILK, WHIPPING CREAM, WALMART FORMULA BRANDS, EVAPORATED MILK OR HUMAN INFANT FORMULA TO A SQUIRREL!
These contain WAY too much lactose for squirrels, and have only a 4% to 6% fat content. Squirrels require 30% to 40% fat content in their diet!
The ABSOLUTE BEST choices of formula for infant squirrels are Esbilac or GOAT'S MILK ESBILAC. These are puppy’s milk replacers, and closely resemble the components of squirrel's mother's milk. They are made by Pet-Ag and available at Pets-Mart, PetCo and Tractor Supply. Some Vet offices keep a supply on hand. UPCO usually has the best price if you order online www.upco.com or phone/mail order at (800) 254-8726. 1- 12 oz can of the powder should be enough to raise 1 squirrel to weaning age. The mixing ratio is 3 to 1; 1 part formula powder to 3 parts water. Formula is only good for 72 hours after it is reconstituted or mixed, then the vitamin and minerals will begin to evaporate, so mix small amounts accordingly.

http://www.arcforwildlife.com/squirrels.htm
Oh yeah- I researched it before I gave them anything. We did the Gatorade for 2 days, and now puppy milk replacer. Oh my gosh they are so adorable. This is a good resource here too:
http://www.orphanedwildlifecare.com/squirrelcare.htm#0

But I really, really wish the mom would have taken them back.

Back
Top Bottom