The Middle Tennessee Thread

try the exotic animal auction in Cookeville thursday-Saturday Sept 7th I think.

someone got more info? anybody going? buying selling? think I will give it a go.

I will be there. They have this auction 4 times a year and I have not missed one in years. The poultry, pheasants, peafowl, etc. will sell Friday the 6th. They also have an outside sale Friday morning, you never know what someone will bring-usually nest boxes, feeders, cages, fencing, who know what. The Sept. sale is what I call the buyers market, as well as the Nov. sale. The spring and summer auction is the time to sell. At the last March auction I saw speckled sussex hens bring $85. each! Someone really wanted them. My Buff laced polish tophats and silver laced polish tophats brought $40. per bird! If you are looking for birds this is the time to go, just be careful and really look over the birds, I have seen some sick birds there, but for the most part most look good. I am going looking for more peafowl this time.

Way to go on trying to save them
Any squirrel fanatics out there? These two fell from a tree. I had them hanging in a bucket with heat packs from the tree for 2 days and mom never came to get them...They are drinking from a syringe now. I am so afraid I am going to lose them. In other news- I think one of our thread members is going to be coming to get some geese soon!
wee.gif

I will be there. They have this auction 4 times a year and I have not missed one in years. The poultry, pheasants, peafowl, etc. will sell Friday the 6th. They also have an outside sale Friday morning, you never know what someone will bring-usually nest boxes, feeders, cages, fencing, who know what. The Sept. sale is what I call the buyers market, as well as the Nov. sale. The spring and summer auction is the time to sell. At the last March auction I saw speckled sussex hens bring $85. each! Someone really wanted them. My Buff laced polish tophats and silver laced polish tophats brought $40. per bird! If you are looking for birds this is the time to go, just be careful and really look over the birds, I have seen some sick birds there, but for the most part most look good. I am going looking for more peafowl this time.
Is there a web link about this-- something w/ a map/directions, times etc..? Thanks!

Hey guys I am looking into buying more chickens.Does any one have some for sale?I wanted a breed that are good layers and they lay every day.PM me if you have any for sale! I live in the Arrington/Triune area.Thanks!

They usually always have guineas at the exotic sale. They do mail out brochures about the sale, you can probably call the barn and get on the mailing list. Here is the info I have:
Triple W Alternative Livestock Auction and Exotic Bird Sale
1050 W Cemetery Rd.
Cookeville, Tn.

This is held and put on by Wilson Horse and Mule sale, they have a horse and mule sale every Tuesday night, they just have the exotic sale 4 times a year. I don't think they have a website, but according to the brochure I have you can email them and request more info. [email protected]
Here is a rundown of the auction
Wed.-antiques of all kinds, taxidermy, skulls, hides, horns, animal related items. starts at 2pm (I have never been on this day)
Thursday Sept. 5th- exotic cattle, zebu, minis, watusi, highlanders, belted galloway yak, water buffalo, bison,elk,deer, antelope, hogs, swine, alpaca, llama, goats.
Friday sept. 6th-outside sale. starts 9am. Main sale ring starts at 10am-peacocks, pheasants, swans, fancy waterfowl, exotic birds pocket pets, macaws, monkeys, wallaby, kangaroos, fur bearers, reptiles. 2nd ring sale- ducks, geese, guineas, chickens, quail, pigeons, turkeys, ostrich, rhea and emu.
Sat.7th-wagons and buggies, carts. Zebra, camels, zedonks, zorses, mini donkeys, mini horses.
This is an all day long sale, usually lasing well into the night, I have been to the spring sale and at 1am in the morning at it is still going strong, but I have also been and it has ended around 8pm. you just never know. If you take anything to sell the cage sells with the birds, and you must provide feed and water in every cage. Same goes if you buy anything the cage goes with the bird, so you don't have to worry about taking cages with you.

They usually always have guineas at the exotic sale. They do mail out brochures about the sale, you can probably call the barn and get on the mailing list. Here is the info I have:
Triple W Alternative Livestock Auction and Exotic Bird Sale
1050 W Cemetery Rd.
Cookeville, Tn.

This is held and put on by Wilson Horse and Mule sale, they have a horse and mule sale every Tuesday night, they just have the exotic sale 4 times a year. I don't think they have a website, but according to the brochure I have you can email them and request more info. [email protected]
Here is a rundown of the auction
Wed.-antiques of all kinds, taxidermy, skulls, hides, horns, animal related items. starts at 2pm (I have never been on this day)
Thursday Sept. 5th- exotic cattle, zebu, minis, watusi, highlanders, belted galloway yak, water buffalo, bison,elk,deer, antelope, hogs, swine, alpaca, llama, goats.
Friday sept. 6th-outside sale. starts 9am. Main sale ring starts at 10am-peacocks, pheasants, swans, fancy waterfowl, exotic birds pocket pets, macaws, monkeys, wallaby, kangaroos, fur bearers, reptiles. 2nd ring sale- ducks, geese, guineas, chickens, quail, pigeons, turkeys, ostrich, rhea and emu.
Sat.7th-wagons and buggies, carts. Zebra, camels, zedonks, zorses, mini donkeys, mini horses.
This is an all day long sale, usually lasing well into the night, I have been to the spring sale and at 1am in the morning at it is still going strong, but I have also been and it has ended around 8pm. you just never know. If you take anything to sell the cage sells with the birds, and you must provide feed and water in every cage. Same goes if you buy anything the cage goes with the bird, so you don't have to worry about taking cages with you.
Thanks for the info. I did find their website but most of the links were broken (for me at least) so the address was not on the website.

It sounds like a very interesting sale to say the least...not sure I'll make this one but I think I will put it on my bucket list, if not now then poss. the next one...

--- ALERT ---

Chicken Hawk aka Cooper hawk got one of our birds. Mom is happy is was a spare roo and not one of the new hens from added to the flock last night.

Goats are now back in the penned area and the dogs on lines outside the fence. Back to perimeter patrol they go.

Anyone ever try to make a pinata chicken for hawks to get rather than our birds???

Back
Top Bottom