The Middle Tennessee Thread

Its been YEARS since I have been to one.  But..I didn't get there till 130 I am not usually off on saturdays and noticed it on craigslist..It was good they only had goats that I saw.  They said they were supposed to have cows but must have gotten lost lol it was the first time in 3 mos from what they said so should be better next weekend.  There were alot of nice looking goats though 

Ok cool, I'm hoping they will have chickens :)

yes, lots of hawks lately around here, and I have noticed them more and more sitting on electric wires alongside the hiways. They fly around my farm and screech alot....guess they're probably hungry like the rest of the wildlife, looking for meals or just sick to death of the cold, cold winter we are having.....LOL!
roll.png

Hawks all over the place here too. And owls. I hear them hooting like crazy right before dawn. I agree...they are all probably cold & hungry. Sure wish they would thin out these dam squirrels.

She made it through the night, and was begging for treats this morning. She's a little pale but seems ok.

Use Triple Antibiotic. I had a dog attack one of my hens a month ago and she survived with mostly skin rents and only 2 deep punctures. But the skin rents totaled 12 inches that I had to stitch up. She healed up perfectly with no infection.

So sorry….hawk got 2 of mine so I know how you feel. 
[/quote
Crows will fight the hawks. I witnessed this one day while in treestand deer hunting and gave me a whole new perspective on crows. May try whole kernel corn for crows away from where chickens range but still in area

Back
Top Bottom