The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote: Wow…had no idea. I'm also going back and forth about the fake owl thing too….I've heard from others it works, but the guy at tractor supply said it doesn't. Hopefully I'll have my covered run done soon and can breathe easier.

I don't want to encourage crows since we are going to try to have a garden this year. I think it is just the cold bringing them out.

I've read there's good immune and parasite repellent benefits from adding a clove of garlic to each gallon of water. The Mennonites swear by this. I plan to grow a bunch for this specific reason... Meanwhile I was wondering if a garlic capsule supplement would do the trick. Anyone tried this?

I've read there's good immune and parasite repellent benefits from adding a clove of garlic to each gallon of water. The Mennonites swear by this. I plan to grow a bunch for this specific reason... Meanwhile I was wondering if a garlic capsule supplement would do the trick. Anyone tried this?
I've also heard about the garlic but haven't tried it yet.

I give garlic to my chickens, duck and geese. If they are older it may take some getting used too0 Iif they are not used to it they might not have much to do with it. I start them out young with it. You can also sprinkle some on their feed
wink.png

Hey everybody-
Steph and I are taking a road trip Friday to do some antiquing towards Knoxville. I thought I'd get on here and see if I can't drum up some hatching eggs to get on the way back Saturday. I'm looking for Welsummers, Rhodebars, speckled sussex, Maybe some nice puffy face easter eggers. Also would love, love, love to find some turkey eggs, any breed.
If you have anything please let me know. Of course, I'll consider anything, so let me know what you have.
Thanks!

If you need Turkey eggs we have a member of our club that has Royal Palms and Narragansetts in Clarksville. You might be able to get some from him this spring.

Once my girls kick back in again I will have welsummer, BS Ameraucana, easter egger eggs and olive egger eggs. They are just now starting back. Slackers. :)

I'm in Murfreesboro/Nashville.

I have heard that garlic changes the taste of the eggs. Also citrus and onions. Don't take my word on it. Just what I have read here on BYC somewhere.

[COLOR=4B0082]I have heard that garlic changes the taste of the eggs. Also citrus and onions. Don't take my word on it. Just what I have read here on BYC somewhere.[/COLOR]

I would think too much of it would, yes. But one clove per gallon doesn't seem like too much, actually that garlic capsule I was talking about might just do that. Hmm. Also citrus is supposed to cease laying so don't feed it anyway. I've offered them onions of all kinds and they won't touch them. So yeah, hopefully the garlic won't be too off putting. Hopefully the ACV in the water will camouflage that..

Ps.
In the market for a splash something.. Preferably already laying. Marans, or blue Egger preferred. Anybody have anything?

Back
Top Bottom