The Middle Tennessee Thread

I have inventoried most of my chickens. If you asked me for something PM me.... I will let you know what I have. I am selling more hens than I originally thought but I have more pullets to replace them so it is all good.

Choc Eng Orps Pullets anyone?????? (selling all of them)

Day 2 in my wipeubator (Baby Wipes Warmer used as an egg incubator)... Temp is holding steady at 99°F. Humidity is at 55%... At 36 hrs, I did the first turn. The whole wipeubator is tilted laterally about 30°. I have it sitting on a folded wash cloth. I have another cloth on the other side for the next turn. I added rocks soaked in 108°F water for 30 minutes just added to stabilize temp. Thanks to Sally Sunshine for that tip.

Day 2 in my wipeubator (Baby Wipes Warmer used as an egg incubator)... Temp is holding steady at 99°F. Humidity is at 55%... At 36 hrs, I did the first turn. The whole wipeubator is tilted laterally about 30°. I have it sitting on a folded wash cloth. I have another cloth on the other side for the next turn. I added rocks soaked in 108°F water for 30 minutes just added to stabilize temp. Thanks to Sally Sunshine for that tip.

I just sold one of those at a yard sale for a $1..... LOL I have another one if someone wants to try it LOL. My only fear would be ventilation. I know the wipes would mold and you would have to clean it every refill.

I just sold one of those at a yard sale for a $1..... LOL I have another one if someone wants to try it LOL. My only fear would be ventilation. I know the wipes would mold and you would have to clean it every refill.
This is TOTALLY trial and error. I was actually planning to build an incubator, when I saw this little item in a box of baby stuff. A light bulb came on... just not in my box incubator... I am just monitoring day-by-day.
pop.gif

Last edited:
This is TOTALLY trial and error. I was actually planning to build an incubator, when I saw this little item in a box of baby stuff. A light bulb came on... just not in my box incubator... I am just monitoring day-by-day.
pop.gif

A smidge of vinegar in the water should keep the mold from forming. I have been using it in my bator and it seems to keep bacterial growth from spreading egg to egg. Had zero stinkers from any of the eggs that didn't hatch last time.

Hey Carson, your link works. That is something that I have been wanting to look into...thought it would be more complicated so I put it off. Where do you get your Barley seed from? How much does it cost? How many pounds are in the bags. Sorry so many questions. Thanks!

I got mine from my local feed mill because they had to order it in and I got 48 pounds for 23 or 24 dollars and that includes taxes so a pretty good deal 1 pound grows like 6-8 pounds so yeah I'm gonna do a video explaining all of the details and stuff and I'll tell y'all when it's uploaded

Back
Top Bottom