The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hello all! I'm about 10 pages behind on posts, but hope everyone is well and happy hatching.

Question. I live south of Nashville and have 8 girls that are little over 6 weeks old. When do you think it will be safe to move them out to the coop? They have been inside because we do not have a garage or any other space to acclimate :/

Per my phone, not the most reliable weather source, after today we shouldn't be getting below 40 at night. We have been good, crazy busy and the girls have not been outside yet. I was hoping to get them out this week in the run for a few hours and move next weekend. I may keep them in the pacnplay brooder at night in the coop to be a smaller, warmer space.

Thoughts? Love y'all, mean it!!

4-5 weeks are fine the feathers keep them warm

Mule Day in Columbia, Bell Buckle Moon Pie Festival, Tullahoma Arts & Crafts Fair, Walking Horse Celebration in Shelbyville, being able to drive across town in 5 minutes ... all reasons I miss Middle Tennessee!

Frontier Days in Lynchburg and TomatoFest in East Nashville?

Have you guys heard of the new event they are going to have in East Nashville on Mother's Day Weekend? "ChickenChase" for those that want an alternative to Steeplechase.

Went to the live stock auction today and none of the chickens I really wanted. But it was my first time at a auction so I wanted to bid and I ended up with this little billy.

Went to the live stock auction today and none of the chickens I really wanted. But it was my first time at a auction so I wanted to bid and I ended up with this little billy.

Ha Ha , he is *almost* as cute as the one we had pop out here Thurs am ;P

50%Kiko, 25% Sannen, 25%Alpine , & all his friends are Chickens , b/c his mom is an only goat who is occupying the "annex" on the side of one of my larger chicken coop/pens as a goat kidding barn atm. Of course now that the single kid turns out to be male, I'm going to have to find a proper friend for the Nanny when weaning time rolls around. Of course any new doe will have to be CHICKEN FRIENDLY !

To be honest I didn't think I was gonna win him I just wanted to try bidding, it was my first auction I have ever been to and after I did no one else bid. Now I wish I would of bid on a Nannie baby to. There was no one there cause of mule day I got him for 27 bucks.

To be honest I didn't think I was gonna win him I just wanted to try bidding, it was my first auction I have ever been to and after I did no one else bid. Now I wish I would of bid on a Nannie baby to. There was no one there cause of mule day I got him for 27 bucks.

Too funny - sounds like your April Fool's was a few days late ; )
Based on the picture that was a real deal! Just be sure to worm him right away, travel stress & the other animals at auction can spike the worm load in no time which can have a sad end for esp. young goats. You do need to get him a doeling which will no doubt make up for the cost savings you got today.

Although you might work a trade, depending what sort of chickens you have you might find someone w/ a spare grade doeling who would make you a deal...it is kidding season so someone suddenly more than expected might be interested in less goat more chicken.

Hello I live in middle Tennessee! The Hubby and I are about to embark on raising red and black sexlinks.... wondering where I could grab some Easter Eggers?? Columbia/Lawrenceburg area or close pls..:)

Hello I live in middle Tennessee! The Hubby and I are about to embark on raising red and black sexlinks.... wondering where I could grab some Easter Eggers?? Columbia/Lawrenceburg area or close pls..:)

Poltry hallow up by carthage may have some. I bought 2 last year and they doing good. One lays light green eggs and the other lays light blue eggs

Back
Top Bottom