The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi everyone! I have some Bielefelder and Araucana (mostly duckwings) chicks, 4 weeks and up, for sale in Sweetwater, TN, (East TN). If anyone is interested in either, PM me . I have started a website at burnslakefarm.com, but it does not have everything on there yet, so if you are looking for something in particular, let me know. Have a great day!

I have about 30 English Orpingtons for sell varying in ages and colors...all are pure bred and they all came form show quality parents!

They are pick-up only. we are located in white county near Sparta and Rock Island. If you are interested in some of these babies please call us at (931) 808-1167

All of the birds are very healthy...I am an NPIP certified breeder.

Last edited:
Be sure you enter your name for a chance to win some treats for your hens!!

1. Go to my page: https://www.facebook.com/LotsACluckinFarm

2. Be sure you have "Liked" my page!

3. Find the post about the Sponsored Giveaway I have i pinned to the top of my page so it is easy to find!

4. Comment on that post and tell all of you friends about our giveaway!

We want as many people as possible to enter their names!

There will be three winners and each winner gets 2 different treats!
Value is about $10 per winner!

Just wanted to update a little on Troy's wife. They moved her to a reg room yesterday. She is eating on her own but still soft foods. I don't know if she is going to rehab soon but I think when she gets some rehab she will improve greatly.

Sorry I have not updated anyone on the chickens..... I am still not up to par from being sick. I will let everyone know when I go to get chickens.

I was just watching my Muscovy's last night and wondered how yours were doing! We only have the three, and they are all females, but great mommas with lots of personality!
I lost the black/white one last Nov to a dog, my dog, but still have the two chocolates. I lucked out and ended up with a male and a female. My female has 12 eggs in a nest right now and is just starting to set. They stay on the creek during the day and at night come to the house and roost in the chicken coop with my chickens. Her next is also in the coop behind a sheet of plywood that I propped up against the wall in hopes of her nesting there instead of on the creek bank and it worked. If all goes well and we end up with extra drakes, which if they hatch you know we will, you would be welcome to a drake.
What colors did yours end up being?

The best bet is to take a foam egg carton, snip off 1/4 " of the bottom per egg holder (all 12 positions) and place your eggs with the large dome side up in each one. Two-Three times a day move them from front to back (forward and Backward) for 19 days. Use a thermometer inside an set the lamp far enough to register 99.5 degrees. Keep it Constant, maintain the temp and your good to go. Place a wet sponge in the dish to absorb water and when it looks dry, re-wet it. After day 19: STOP rotating and leave alone. They can hatch from the carton just fine. The chicks manage to work their way out and jump down into the open area. Have Water in a neck-high cup for them to drink and chick food also. If they do not have food and water when they hatch, its no problem as they can last 24 hours after hatching since they still have nutrients from when inside the shell.

I would love to have some muscovy ducks, with 12 horses, we have ALOT of flies!! I haven't seen any for sale in any of the hatchery catalouges tho....wonder where one could get some?
elorraine52,
I would ask around on here that is how I found mine and flies do seem worse than normal this year in my opinion. Hope you find you some. You won't regret it.

I never can shake the idea of the image that they look like really old ex-hookers still wearing extreme makeup.
Penny Hen,
Now I will never be able to shake that image from my head either.
lau.gif

Just wanted to update a little on Troy's wife. They moved her to a reg room yesterday. She is eating on her own but still soft foods. I don't know if she is going to rehab soon but I think when she gets some rehab she will improve greatly.

Sorry I have not updated anyone on the chickens..... I am still not up to par from being sick. I will let everyone know when I go to get chickens.
DMRippy,
Thanks for the update on Troy's wife. Hope she has a speedy recovery.
And hope you get to feeling better as well.

Thanks! I don't think I have EVER had a cold this bad..... it just will not let go! After 3 weeks of the cold and 3 weeks of a cough before that, I still have so much sinus pressure I can't think clearly. 3 more days of antibiotics and if I am still having issues I will go back to the DR.

We are working a little everyday.... about all we can do is a little. But TODAY I got rid of about 60 cockerels
th.gif
I can't believe I had that many but I just didn't feel like sorting them. NOW I can sort the pullets that I need to sell. I had someone that wanted 10 pullets and when I figured out if I had them I never heard from them again
he.gif
I know I have to have 30-40+ pullets from 3 months up to laying that I need to sell. Then I can figure out the breeds I am keeping through the fall..... I don't have the problems I had last year at this time so that is good.

I have an incubator FULL of guinea eggs and hoping to get some keets finally. I ordered a second batch of colored guinea that might be here tomorrow or Friday. Neighbor has more in her nest she found so this will be the LAST HUGE batch of keets for the year.... just hope I can sell them.

Thanks!  I don't think I have EVER had a cold this bad..... it just will not let go!  After 3 weeks of the cold and 3 weeks of a cough before that, I still have so much sinus pressure I can't think clearly.  3 more days of antibiotics and if I am still having issues I will go back to the DR.

We are working a little everyday.... about all we can do is a little.  But TODAY I got rid of about 60 cockerels :th   I can't believe I had that many but I just didn't feel like sorting them.  NOW I can sort the pullets that I need to sell.  I had someone that wanted 10 pullets and when I figured out if I had them I never heard from them again :he   I know I have to have 30-40+ pullets from 3 months up to laying that I need to sell.   Then I can figure out the breeds I am keeping through the fall..... I don't have the problems I had last year at this time so that is good. 

I have an incubator FULL of guinea eggs and hoping to get some keets finally.  I ordered a second batch of colored guinea that might be here tomorrow or Friday.  Neighbor has more in her nest she found so this will be the LAST HUGE batch of keets for the year.... just hope I can sell them.

Sell em? That's a hoot! LOL
I just had one keet hatch another 56. I "give" the silly things away.
Great tick control but who needs hundreds.
They reproduce faster than my rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom